Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HB Nostalgia Thread

Options
  • 20-02-2010 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

A nostalgia thread in After Hours got me thinking about some old HB favourites.
    I think if they re-released some of these they could make a killing.
    There is an appetite for comfort and nostalgia in todays world and I for one would que to get some of these back...
    Freaky Foot
    Calippo (lemon)
    Dream
    Icebergers in orignal paper wrapper
    Sparklers
    Bonanza

What else am I missing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Golly bar ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭bazza1

I remember a Rum n Raisin bar mmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

You know Lemon Calippos are still available, and Iceburgers? (but in plastic-y wrapping)

I'd love Fat Frogs back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Piranhas ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Sky bars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

star-pants wrote: »
    You know Lemon Calippos are still available, and Iceburgers? (but in plastic-y wrapping)!

Lemon Calippos?
    Please do tell.
    I can only find the orange ones

Could have sworn I had a lemon one a while back. There's a new pineapple though too... hmm I must investigate!

upon looking at HBwalls... they don't have lemon listed... the pineapple one is lemon/pineapple maybe that's where I got confused sorry!!
    but they're very nice. Hmm damn you HB!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

bazza1 wrote: »
    I remember a Rum n Raisin bar mmmmmm
    Oh wow, that'd be amazing!

Fat Frogs were yuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

I loved the freaky foot ones.. the chocolate covered big toe was always the first bite :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Didn't they re-release Freaky Foot a few years ago?

I really miss Sparklers :( My fav were either the strawberry / apple (red & green) one or the strawberry / lemon one (red & white), they were amazing!

• Advertisement

I miss the pear sparklers.... so nyommy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

I miss the pear sparklers.... so nyommy.

That's right! They had those sparklers in pears flavour! They're were sooo nice!

ratmouse wrote: »
    That's right! They had those sparklers in pears flavour! They're were sooo nice!

Yup, closest ish to them would be Pear Picking Porkies by Dale Farm, again rather elusive

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dubh101

The BOMBIES,were lovely,orange lemon and strawberry shaped sorbets all on one stick.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dubh101

You know Lemon Calippos are still available, and Iceburgers? (but in plastic-y wrapping)
    the tropical calippos were nice too,mango and strawberry.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Yup, closest ish to them would be Pear Picking Porkies by Dale Farm, again rather elusive

Thanks for that memory Star-pants..now that's a blast from the past...I'd forgotten about them:)

I've lots of memories of old ice pops I've been talking about on another thread but maybe some of them were Dale Farm too.

Dracula ice pops...black(currant)coating over vanilla and strawberry Ice cream
    Ricky Raspers....purplish raspberry
    Captain Quencher...plain orange
    JR Ice pops...not really nice I don't think, sort of mottled purple and maybe orange(?)in colour
    Tangle Twisters when they were orange and lemon stripes with a cola centre.
    Snowman(don't think this is the name)...milky white with a blue wrapper with a snowman on it.
    Kilimanjaro..pinkish coating over vanilla ice cream
    Thataway..strawberry hand with pointing finger shaped

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭Dull and Boring

I miss Sparklers too:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

I remember there used to be a one in a shape of a taco. Not sure if its HB or not. Top half icecream covered with choc and nuts like a feast and bottom half like an icebreger. Like 2 icecreams in one.

Bring back Fat Frogs again <3

I remember also there was one similar to a mars bar but had runny carmel, cant remember what it is called.

The orginal HB Ireland had more variety of icecream than HB UK.

ciaramc wrote: »
    I remember also there was one similar to a mars bar but had runny carmel, cant remember what it is called.

I know the first one you were talking about, I'd not eaten it but I remember seeing it. Can't recall the name yet though.

This second one - a Bonanza? Bononza.... or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

ciaramc wrote: »
    I remember there used to be a one in a shape of a taco. Not sure if its HB or not. Top half icecream covered with choc and nuts like a feast and bottom half like an icebreger. Like 2 icecreams in one.
    Plowman wrote: »

Just a heads up you can get almost identical ones in Lidl now. They come in multi packs and are super cheap. Om nom nom

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭baldbear

Miaireland wrote: »
    Sky bars.

These were the nicest icecreams ever, like bubbly whispas. I emailed HB a couple of years ago asking about them but they never replied.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

Does anyone remember Domino's?

It was like an iceberger, but not chocolatey biscuit, and it was half strawberry icecream, half vanilla.

Delish!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Does anyone remember Mr. Tall ice creams? I think that's what they were called, it was a red and white ice pop on a really long stick and if memory serves there was a chocolate one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Lemon Calippos?
    Please do tell.
    I can only find the orange ones

Might be a bit too late, but you can get them in the multipacks! You get 3 orange and 3 lemon... yumm! I love the lemon ones!

lizt wrote: »
    Does anyone remember Mr. Tall ice creams? I think that's what they were called, it was a red and white ice pop on a really long stick and if memory serves there was a chocolate one too.

Mr Long I think they were called. Always smelled of petrol though.
    My brother loved them

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

HB did a chocolate bar called 2 and 2 (I think)
    It was filled with a white and brown fondant and the top chocolate covering was milk and the bottom dark.
    Anyone remember these??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

got one of these the other week in dublin :)
    at 80 cents it was a far cry from the good old days when they were 17p!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 EDude

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    I loved the freaky foot ones.. the chocolate covered big toe was always the first bite :D

me too!! miss them :(

Advertisement