Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HB Nostalgia Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

The best one that they've discontinued is definitely the aforementioned Sky bars. It was like the best choc ice ever with a chocolate bar (was it an aero type of thing?) up the middle. I really, really miss these.

I remember Dominos. They were nice.

Anybody remember a strawberry ice cream (like a golly bar) with bits of frozen strawberries in it? I used to live on those but I can't remember what they were called, or if they were even HB.

Leadmore used to do a massive range of strange icecreams but they were hard to find even back in the early 90's. The factories still there in Kilrush I don't know what they make though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 hillbilly999

Fat Frogs:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 CrispMan

Freaky Foot

How can I have forgotten Golly Bars. Not enough charming caricatures on ice cream packaging anymore.

Anybody remember when they phased those out? I seem to remember them being around in the 90's, but the gollywog had been taken off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 luke101

The best one that they've discontinued is definitely the aforementioned Sky bars. It was like the best choc ice ever with a chocolate bar (was it an aero type of thing?) up the middle. I really, really miss these.

I remember Dominos. They were nice.

Anybody remember a strawberry ice cream (like a golly bar) with bits of frozen strawberries in it? I used to live on those but I can't remember what they were called, or if they were even HB.

Leadmore used to do a massive range of strange icecreams but they were hard to find even back in the early 90's. The factories still there in Kilrush I don't know what they make though.

The Strawberry Ice cream you are looking for is called "Fruitline" it wa realised from HB in 1988 and stayed on the market untill 1990.

Visit this page all about HB nostalgia, with exclusive, exciting pictures and memories of HB through the years. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=132434456781553&ref=ts 4484289215a12633587717l.jpg

The lion was "Max"? http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs033.ash2/34999_407763819423_809374423_4169669_7054680_n.jpg

Fruitline! Cheers for that. Been asking a while and nobody could remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 luke101

old HB ice cream logo36197_404483759423_809374423_4093097_5734170_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭awesom_o

Fat frogs were the bomb. Used to love them things. My mam used to get me a fat frog when she bought her 10 silk cut extra. Fast forward ten years later, I'm drinking fat frogs (alcoholic drink.. meh.. not the same) and buying 20 john players for myself haha.

OH and is it me or do the maxi twists (the tub with flavours in it) have far less rasberry/lime sauce in them these days??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 aluna

oh yes, i really miss boomys. yummy.
    also miss red devils - they were gorgeous. like a red version of fat frogs which were also savage.
    and sky bars...bring them back!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭moonshinerocks

Super Mario ice-creams were really yummy, think they were about 30p in the 90's. It was Mario's head in strawberry, chocolate and vanilla.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

God I miss those Funny Foot. (I remembered them as freaky foot,perhaps I'm wrong).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭moonshinerocks

greetings wrote: »
    God I miss those Funny Foot. (I remembered them as freaky foot,perhaps I'm wrong).

I remember Freaky Foot too, they were sooooo yummy. Never heard of Funny Foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cold case

Anyone remember Black Beautys? Pink ice cream covered in orange ice lolly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭pushki

are they ever going to bring back fat frogs? I've been craving them for ages. also sparkles were the biz especially the pear ones . yumm y

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

pinki wrote:
    are they ever going to bring back fat frogs?
    Hopefully not. The vilest of vile things.
    cold case wrote: »
    Anyone remember Black Beautys? Pink ice cream covered in orange ice lolly?
    Don't remember them, but if they're pink and orange how on earth did they get their name, I wonder?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

star-pants wrote: »
    You know Lemon Calippos are still available, and Iceburgers? (but in plastic-y wrapping)

I'd love Fat Frogs back!
    Theyre not the same though in the plastic wrapper:o

mmmm fat frogs
    tinkerbell wrote: »
    Didn't they re-release Freaky Foot a few years ago?

I really miss Sparklers :( My fav were either the strawberry / apple (red & green) one or the strawberry / lemon one (red & white), they were amazing!
    I think it was wibbly wobbly wonders were released not freaky foot sadly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

This thread is cool. :cool: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cold case

Good point about the black beauties being pink and orange!

Anyone remember Zanzibars? I remember the name and that I bought loads of them, but can't remember what exactly was in them!

• Advertisement
Advertisement