Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Waterford

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

clonna wrote: »
    well iv put a deposit down now so its all go, will be moving on friday, starting work on monday.
    ((ugh wouldnt it be lovely if someone would do all the packing and moving for you! :rolleyes:))

hope ya havent found a place in to anywhere near the park area tbh.until ya live there ya wont realise how bad it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

anplaya wrote: »
    hope ya havent found a place in to anywhere near the park area tbh.until ya live there ya wont realise how bad it is.

What do you mean by that anplaya? Which places in the park area? Because that term can include an awful lot.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    What do you mean by that anplaya? Which places in the park area? Because that term can include an awful lot.

william st,scotch quay,adelphi quay area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

william st,scotch quay,adelphi quay area.

Whats wrong with living in those locations?

robberies ,cars broken into,illegal dumping,place is filthy,not to mention the amount of scummy neighbours living around there.

• Advertisement

robberies ,cars broken into,illegal dumping,place is filthy,not to mention the amount of scummy neighbours living around there.

I'm sorry now but I think you can probably say most of that about any area if you want. And I wouldn't agree that the place is filthy. I can't say that I agree with you and I've had a good few friends over the years who've lived down that way who have good things to say. Maybe you had a bad experience or something?

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I'm sorry now but I think you can probably say most of that about any area if you want. And I wouldn't agree that the place is filthy. I can't say that I agree with you and I've had a good few friends over the years who've lived down that way who have good things to say. Maybe you had a bad experience or something?

nah lived in a few areas in waterford and that was definately the worst.tbh unless ya lived there yourself ya wouldnt know.im just saying ,giving yer one a bit of advice is all.ya dont have to agree with me. have ya not noticed the amount of cameras gone up there outside peoples residences.that goes to show.ya wouldnt know whod be passing through sure.

as i said to her,youd be better off gettin a place outside the town town ya know what i mean?commute is only 10 mins from most places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭anto2

I was a bit negative about Waterford city earlier ,but i must say that most of the people i met there were sound . Every city ,especially Dublin has a bad element .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

sorrywhat wrote: »
    Whats wrong with living in those locations?
    me brother lived in scotch quay a few years back and never had even a hint of trouble down there. Likes the place meself.

seanybiker wrote: »
    me brother lived in scotch quay a few years back and never had even a hint of trouble down there. Likes the place meself.

ye few years back maybe was all grand.lived there meself,place is a dump now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 clonna

k well im here now and need to meet some people, make some friends. abit odd havin nothing to think of to do in the eve. will look up some classes

k well im here now and need to meet some people, make some friends. abit odd havin nothing to think of to do in the eve. will look up some classes

Well if you didn't take advantage of that gorgeous evening today and go off for a drive around the coast, checking out all the beaches etc, then you certainly missed out. I'd highly recommend this. And a bit of driving around is helpful to get to know your way around a bit too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Clano wrote: »
    depends which end of the quay imo.... the end by the bridge is nearly like a getto at this stage lol although there has been work lately in improving it with new shops etc now there.
    The end by the the tower hotel/ park road is nice, reginalds tower and the small marina there are well worth a look also not too far from the pubs and niteclubs but far enough not to be associated with them if ya no what i mean.

The park road is a nice area, theres a few nice resteurants pubs and cafes there with the tuk tuk thai springing to mind, also the small cafe in the park is supposed to be lovely, also your right next to the park which has been cleaned up a lot in recent years and now is a very pleasant place to go for a stroll. Its also only a 4 or 5 minute walk from the centre of town which is handy, the only downside i see to it is traffic, especially in the mornings and afternoons with the 3 schools in the area.

Anyway Welcome to waterford!!!! good luck with the move!! your going to love it!
    :D:D:D

Bit harsh on the bridge side of the quay, seems to more thriving business down that end than from say clock tower down to Tower.

I did go for abit of a drive but Im going to do a proper one tomorrow evening i think. I joined a club too so should be out and about in no time!!!

Thanks again for all the advice, its really helping...whats happening with the next drinks night? I'm thinking of going to the forum this friday-Gift Grub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

I did go for abit of a drive but Im going to do a proper one tomorrow evening i think. I joined a club too so should be out and about in no time!!!

Thanks again for all the advice, its really helping...whats happening with the next drinks night? I'm thinking of going to the forum this friday-Gift Grub.

Hi, just read through the thread. Congratulations and hope you got settled in well. Here is a website I normally recommend for clubs etc.
    http://www.waterfordsportspartnership.ie/csv.cgi

Enjoy. :D

Thanks Shapez,

Had a quick look through those options, lots there-only things is that im not exactly sporty so id be joining as a beginner (very much so), hmmm wonder about tag rugby?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

The Forum is sold out on Friday night. We have a tag rugby team going and may be interested in taking on new members. Also get yourself a bike and join the local club Waterford Sportif :D

kensutz wrote: »
    The Forum is sold out on Friday night. We have a tag rugby team going and may be interested in taking on new members. Also get yourself a bike and join the local club Waterford Sportif :D

I have a ticket for the forum already, i havent played tag rugby before...would that be alright? but im not altogether that unfit... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Ah you're sorted so. I'm at the Forum myself, saw them in Vicar Street and it was brilliant. We're going to have a good few beginners this year so entering the beginners league is the safest option. I'll send you a pm about training etc.

kensutz wrote: »
    Ah you're sorted so. I'm at the Forum myself, saw them in Vicar Street and it was brilliant. We're going to have a good few beginners this year so entering the beginners league is the safest option. I'll send you a pm about training etc.

awh thats great, thanks a million, Im just eager to make a real go of things here, and the more people i meet the better chance i have i think :D

• Advertisement

awh thats great, thanks a million, Im just eager to make a real go of things here, and the more people i meet the better chance i have i think :D

So how about someone ask the girl out!!!??? :D Show her around the city etc.

shapez wrote: »
    So how about someone ask the girl out!!!??? :D Show her around the city etc.

lol doesnt she not have a boyfriend?dont think hed b too impressed

lol doesnt she not have a boyfriend?dont think hed b too impressed

I do and he wouldnt be...:)

Apologies. Didn't know. Doesn't have to be a gf/bf thingy. But, no harm in throwing it out there. :)

shapez wrote: »
    Apologies. Didn't know. Doesn't have to be a gf/bf thingy. But, no harm in throwing it out there. :)

No harm :)
    I went to the tag rugby anyway and it was a laugh

Thanks again for all the advice, its really helping...whats happening with the next drinks night?

I suppose we'll start discussions about the next one in the coming weeks. We're nearly a month since the last one and I thikn the general idea was to try to have one every 2-3 months.

Good to hear that you're making a go of it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ya but I missed the last one so it didn't count :)

ziedth wrote: »
    Ya but I missed the last one so it didn't count :)

Well we must have one right away so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 terrylynch

Hi everyone!, I am a new member and I have followed this thread, I am thinking of moving to waterford city and I was wondering if there were any areas I should avoid in terms of buying a house. I know there are places in every city that are not too good so I assume that waterford might be the same.Thanks, terrylynch.

• Advertisement

terrylynch wrote: »
    Hi everyone!, I am a new member and I have followed this thread, I am thinking of moving to waterford city and I was wondering if there were any areas I should avoid in terms of buying a house. I know there are places in every city that are not too good so I assume that waterford might be the same.Thanks, terrylynch.

Hey,

saw your post in moving to waterford. The areas listed there i would agree with to avoid and to be honest they were the ones i was advised to stear clear of by colleagues from here. Iv also heard them mentioned in not so positive a light since being here.

The estate agents are fairly decent. i found a guy in bookaroom particularly helpful. They have lots of vacant places so they arent really going to go to town in that regard. If you dont want one, they'll just show you another one.

Try to get down some friday and saturday and organise viewings, that way you'll see an area on a weekday and at the weekend. That can help in giving you an insight to the general area. Seeing places will def help.

Advertisement