Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Capture Cards

• 20-02-2010 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭

anyone know where i can get a reasonably good one for cheap?
    looking to record some MW2 gameplay.
    Would anyone recommend getting one or to just use a digital camera or something instead?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭andy g

I have a pinnacle video transfer,Its really good cost me a 100e on ebay but its worth the money if you gonna use it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

andy g wrote: »
    I have a pinnacle video transfer,Its really good cost me a 100e on ebay but its worth the money if you gonna use it
    Well you won't be able to pick up a "cheap" one. Majority of games these days over here are done in Pal 60. And for some absolutely retarded reason, a lot of capt cards do not pick it up. The ones that do, Dazzle, pinnacle etc. are €70+. It's an investment, but a good one.

If you're going to be using video cameras make sure the quality is decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

dont go near the dazzle.

its the biggest load of **** ever.

there is so many flaws with it, im not going to waste my time writing the problems , check the videos on youtube and you wil see what im talking about.

btw i had one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

in that case, would a digital camera be of good enoughy quality video to use to record my vids?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

If the recording is of decent quality, and you don't break your camera in the process should be okay. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Just think, a digital camera with good quality will be alot more expensive than getting a capture card?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

i already have the digital camera though since last year, probably should have mentioned that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Sigh, if only they had built in video capture like halo. Record, save. Go to internet, watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭shanec1928

dont go near the dazzle.

its the biggest load of **** ever.

there is so many flaws with it, im not going to waste my time writing the problems , check the videos on youtube and you wil see what im talking about.

btw i had one.
    +1 on that

have one and it is nothing but hassle don't waste your money.

if your going to do it do it right and just go all out and get a pvr costs a lot but its worth it.

Advertisement