Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New to xbox live

• 20-02-2010 4:02pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I just recently joined xbox live,I had a profile on xbox.com previous to joining,is there way I can merge my offline profile with it,to keep my achievement and what not?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 WHIPIT

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I just recently joined xbox live,I had a profile on xbox.com previous to joining,is there way I can merge my offline profile with it,to keep my achievement and what not?
    I think your mad even using xbox with the charges they give, go or turn to PS3 and its free

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

The lack of a ps3 kinda rules that out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Kinky Slinky

Did you sign in with that profile

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

When you have a Offline Xbox profile and then make it live, Your points will still be there. I had about 2900G when I switched to XBL.

And PS3 is crap (not a XB fanboy or anything)

You do know WHIPIT that PS3 is introducing charges for online services from summer. 60 Euro for 3 months (I think) and there is 4 packages. Neither of them will allow you to have the full features of the PS3.

I dont mind paying 60 Euro a year for Xbox Live. At least we can actually play online games rather than some "Home" crap that the PS3 has.

I'm sorry. But PS3 is crap!!!!

My offline name is taken so I'm forced to sign in with my xbox.com profile.

• Advertisement

Does it not ask you to get another name if you try to connect to XBL using your offline account.

I had to choose a name because Padraig was taken

My username here is my XBL gamertag which was suggested to me by XBox Live. I dont know what way they do it now on the NXE but I signed up when the "Blades" were still around (Pre-2008)

If you cant get your offline profile to switch to a LIVE profile. Ring Xbox support http://xbox.com/en-ie/support (I think that is the link)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I dont mind paying 60 Euro a year for Xbox Live.

Even cheaper :cool:

I was going by the RRP for XBox Gold!

So just log into xbox live with my old profile and create a new gamertag seems to be the best option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 WHIPIT

When you have a Offline Xbox profile and then make it live, Your points will still be there. I had about 2900G when I switched to XBL.

And PS3 is crap (not a XB fanboy or anything)

You do know WHIPIT that PS3 is introducing charges for online services from summer. 60 Euro for 3 months (I think) and there is 4 packages. Neither of them will allow you to have the full features of the PS3.

I dont mind paying 60 Euro a year for Xbox Live. At least we can actually play online games rather than some "Home" crap that the PS3 has.

I'm sorry. But PS3 is crap!!!!

Everbod is diff, i think the PS3 is ok maybe not a good a xbox but at the moment it is cheaper then paying

• Advertisement
Advertisement