Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where should The Sims franchise go from here?

Options
  • 20-02-2010 4:07pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick thought that passed. The Sims cant continuously rely on a 'God simulator' for your people in the system that it is right now. Games evolve and the game hasn't evolved much in the last 10 years.

My question is: What do you think of the future of The Sims franchise will be, and what do you think could change?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

They've pretty much exhausted most angles with expoansion packs.
    Every idea possible.

Think they'd ever do an mmorpg type game?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Every idea possible.

that'd be an interesting concept alright. not sure how it could be done sim style, a massive free roaming city with social spots and the likes?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

Yeah like that, but in a situation where each other Sim is another person playing online at that time.

That would be pretty interesting to see with The Sims!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Yeah like that, but in a situation where each other Sim is another person playing online at that time.

That would be pretty interesting to see with The Sims!

But sure Second Life has that pretty much covered.

I think the idea behind "The Sims" franchise is that whole God Concept, people clearly like it, so I think all that Maxis can do is to keep bringing out expansion packs etc, because there are plenty of online worlds where you can customise your avatar/player etc already in existence.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

second life is very poorly done though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Every idea possible.

They already tried an MMO: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_Online

I think it'll jsut keep going the way it has, ie a new version with improved graphics and features and then an almost endless amount of add-ons for each one. Sure if it's not broken, why fix it?

I'd like if they could expand on the working aspect, so that you could go to work and do what ever career you have chosen. The Open For Business add-on for Sims 2 was a start, but I want to do go about the daily business of an astronaut or a criminal mastermind.

humanji wrote: »
    They already tried an MMO: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_Online

I think it'll jsut keep going the way it has, ie a new version with improved graphics and features and then an almost endless amount of add-ons for each one. Sure if it's not broken, why fix it?

I'd like if they could expand on the working aspect, so that you could go to work and do what ever career you have chosen. The Open For Business add-on for Sims 2 was a start, but I want to do go about the daily business of an astronaut or a criminal mastermind.

it wasnt massively multiplayer, it was just plain crap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

humanji wrote: »

THAT is a fantastic idea. You wouldn't have to go to work with your sim, but it could be an option . . . and you could face an entire new set of game play options there.

Ooooooooh, I'm getting excited.

But wait, doesn't Sims 3 have something like that?

SeekUp wrote: »
    THAT is a fantastic idea. You wouldn't have to go to work with your sim, but it could be an option . . . and you could face an entire new set of game play options there.

Ooooooooh, I'm getting excited.

But wait, doesn't Sims 3 have something like that?

yeah its called being unemployed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

yeah its called being unemployed :pac:

Ahhhh, so true to life. ;)

I can only go by what I hear about sims 3 though, as I haven't upgradedyet . . .

• Advertisement
Advertisement