Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australian games company rips off employees to turn up in Ireland

Options
  • 20-02-2010 4:26pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭

http://games.slashdot.org/story/10/02/20/0954226/Perth-Game-Company-CEO-Takes-IP-By-Night

In short, dodgy Australian company boss runs off owing money to taxman and employees, changing the locks without warning, and turns up in Dublin as Big Collision games using the former employees work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

how can this guy possibly get away with this.. surely someone is gonna stop him starting a company here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Quality Scumbag™.

Anyone know anyone working for them here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Bet Mary Coughlans giving him a grant to setup some jobs here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Moriarty wrote: »
    Quality Scumbag™.

Anyone know anyone working for them here?

yeh id be interested to hear from anyone, or if anyone had a contact for the irish branch to try to get some sort of comment from them for the next issue of click

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Well f**k me! I was talking to one of there managers (Well he said he was) in September last year with the possibility of working with them over in Perth. Was talking to him on the phone, even emailed him!

Bullet dodged!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Worst thing is that I'm prob going to apply for them during the summer for some work experience first because I won't have to move country :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Thread title incorrect, the guy is American as is the company.

Advertisement