Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new time iclic pedals,panaracer extreme evo tyres

• 20-02-2010 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Anyone have a pair of time iclic pedals,are they just the same as the rxs just a better entry?

I bought a pair of panaracer extreme evo2 tyres about a year ago.Forgot I had them until I had to do some spring cleaning.They are covered in dirt but in perfect condition.Reviews on the net are good,as my current tyres are shot this should save me some money.:)

My look pedals seem to hurt my knee's, and a friend lent me a pair of rxs pedals.I found they were great,but difficult to clip into.So much so that I gave up on them.I had a crash on my motorbike some years a go and my right knee sometimes gives me problem's.Trying to clip into rxs pedals is there only fault as far as I can tell.

The new iclic system solves that problem and they are so light is there a fault?If anyone has a pair could you reply please.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭templer27

As I am here forgot to mention I also am looking for a saddle.The selle italia flite has caught my eye.My plan is to use my bike alot this year,new pedals maybe .I have a some new well almost new tyres,and I really need a new saddle.

I am a fan of selle italia and in the last year I have piled on the weight.I am now 14 stone and really want to shift a 20 pounds.I am eating healthy now,and I have stoped smoking.

Does the flite suit a bigger guy?I want a saddle that will last and one that is light and comfortable.The flite seems the one any advice will be great.Any one who has a flite for sale I am interested as long as it is in good condition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I had big problems clicking into Time RXS, until I realised I was doing it wrong. You have to stand on the back of the pedal, not try to press in towards the front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Lumen wrote: »
    I had big problems clicking into Time RXS, until I realised I was doing it wrong. You have to stand on the back of the pedal, not try to press in towards the front.
    I also have difficulty. Is the idea not that you get the cleat in place using the front and then stomp down at the back?

Given that I have broken the fronts of TWO right pedals at this stage they are now pretty difficult to clip in to. Reminds me, I need to send them back to hopefully be replaced under warranty... the fact I have done it twice, more than one friend reports doing the same and it is all over the internet suggests an annoying design flaw. There is a suggestion they have beefed up the front in this new pedal.

Apart from this they are very nice pedals (the current RXS model, this I think replaces it.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

blorg wrote: »
    I also have difficulty. Is the idea not that you get the cleat in place using the front and then stomp down at the back?

Yes, I was getting the cleat in place using the front then pushing forward and down, which doesn't work. Pushing down on the heel works a treat.

I should probably have read the instructions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭horizon26

Rxs pedals are ok to get into I just thought there was to much float.Felt like I was going to unclip all the time.I could never get used to them,but I did have shimano ultegra pedals before that.The weight savings are noticeable on long distance's.A little less float and they would be the perfect pedal.:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭SurferDude41

To be frank, the last really good pedal time made was The Equipe Pro Magnesium. Ok it was really heavy, but it lasted for years. It had ten degrees of rotational float, and 7mm of linear float as well. This was very kind to delicate knees.

Time replaced this with the Impact pedal, Again made from alloy or magnesium. a very solid and longlasting pedal. It was fairly heavy, by modern standards.
    I got a pair, when they were first introduced. They forced me into an uncomfortable pedalling position, giving a narrower Q factor, my feet were over 2cm closer together. This caused my ankles, to hit the crankarms, especially while climbing out of the saddle.
    All told, a super well made pedal, if it suited you.

Then Time , started to loose the plot. They introduced the horrible plastic RXS. These are made from plastic, or the more expensive ones, were made of carbon reinforced plastic. Time issued a recall of these pedals a few years ago, apparently the plastic pedal body, was seperating from the bearing housing. There were quite a few serious injuries and as result, there were some law suits filed against Time.
    I brought mine back to the shop, and was refunded my money.
    I will never buy another Time pedal again.

These days, I ride speedplay Zero's. They have 15 degrees of rotational float, that is adjustable from zero to 15 degrees. The float is silky smooth, once you keep the cleats lubed with a dry lube like white lightening or finishline dry lube.
    They are a few downsides, to speedplay as well, the cleats are easily clogged with mud and dirt, making it impossible to clip in until you clean out the debris, usually a squirt of water does the trick.
    And, replacement cleats are around €50.

Anyway, let us know how you get on.

Happy Cycling:)

Advertisement