Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford's Representatives in the Dáil - Present and Future

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Well said. There is an awful lot of smart arse people in this country who do not want to face up to facts. Too many people blame FF for all that is gone wrong but they are wrong, very wrong. (Just watch who i suspect is a FG councillor come in now and tell me i am talking like a true Fianna Failer or some other smart arse name). Are Fianna Fail responsible for what is happening right throughout the world. If you listen to some the answer would be yes. Since the World Wide recession kicked in, we have seen a change in America, there is going to be elections in the not too distant future in the UK and we are told we will see a change, there is regional elections in France this weekend (I think) and we were told during the week that there will be change.

Nobody in Ireland will tell you that FF are without blame for the state we are in now. But they are only part of it. We have to remember that in the last 13 years or so, without the FF governments we had under Bertie and Brian, we would not have had the amount of good days we had.

Its time politions (local and national) from the opposition stood up and have the balls to admit the truth instead of spounting the same crap the whole time.

Id imagine anyone who studied a reasonable level of economics that the country was headed for ruin.
    Budget after budget of giving money to those who didnt need it purely to keep a few voters onside like increasing social welfare a cardinal sin in a boom!
    Repeated increases in pay for the public sector nothing in return madness.

the public are to blame such that they ignorant to the fact that voted for the side that promised to spend the most money when the government should have been curbing spending i preparation for slow down in the economy.

FF made no effort to supervise what was going on in the banks, the financial regulator is the biggest joke ive ever seen pretty much followed the FF party whip.

If you had 166 economists in the Dail we would of never had this problem but then knowing what your doing doesnt get you into the Dail its favours, medical cards and family connections.

The dogs on the street knew we were in a recession before the government admitted it they waited far too long to take any action.

For them to even think of blaming outside factors is proof that they think the people of this country will believe anything of course it was all their fault.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

jayboi wrote: »
    The dogs on the street knew we were in a recession before the government admitted it .

Most did know, but it did not stop a sizeable amount of the people right around ireland, heading to the banks for mortgages etc far above what they needed and more importantly far more than they knew they could pay back. Now that many of these are crying that they cant pay the money back and some are loosing their homes, according to some we are to feel sorry for them. I know this sounds harsh, and many will not agree with me, (i know some might/will), but these people should have listened to the dogs in the street before going to the bank.

Advertisement