Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choices for (the inevitable re-introduction of) Khan

• 20-02-2010 5:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭

Antonio_Banderas.jpg

e92992cb596d96d5057eb490c4698a67.jpg

Javier+Bardem.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Jeremy_Irons_cropped.jpg
    Jeremy Irons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Osama-Bin-Laden_0.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Why's it inevitable? says who? As if JJ could top TWOK, just ain't possible.
    Orci is quoted as saying "why take the chance?" here http://trekmovie.com/2009/06/20/orci-kurtzman-talk-star-trek-sequel-and-the-one-after-that-too/
    Which to me implies that they see it as undoable or too much of a risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Why's it inevitable? says who? As if JJ could top TWOK, just ain't possible.
    Orci is quoted as saying "why take the chance?" here http://trekmovie.com/2009/06/20/orci-kurtzman-talk-star-trek-sequel-and-the-one-after-that-too/
    Which to me implies that they see it as undoable or too much of a risk.

A lot can change in 9 months. Javier Bardem would make an excellent Khan, but I hope they decide to leave the character alone

A lot can change in 9 months. Javier Bardem would make an excellent Khan, but I hope they decide to leave the character alone

I hope they leave him alone too. I said it before this site got hacked and I'll say it again, Bardem would also make a great Klingon, they could retcon Kor or Kang not a bother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

I hope they leave him alone too. I said it before this site got hacked and I'll say it again, Bardem would also make a great Klingon, they could retcon Kor or Kang not a bother.

Put Vin Diesel in as a Klingon general chomping at the bit to invade Federation space. Imagine a Chang-like character but forty years younger and pumped up, sick of the Federation's grip on space. Pit him and his barbaric crew against Kirk and co, you got yourself a worthy duel without having to rip off TWOK. Don't even need a superweapon. Have their space battles take place in unknown space. Add the odd cosmic hazard. Asteroid fields. Hell, send them straight into a sun's corona in the climax. Kirk and Vin in spacesuits, duking it out til kirk lands a kick, sending him roaring into the ehart of the sun. End.

Imagine a Chang-like character but forty years younger and pumped up, sick of the Federation's grip on space. .

Why not just have a younger Chang? And have them fight each other from the bridges of their ships, never meeting in person. This fits neatly into ST:VI
    "I have so wanted to meet you, Kirk"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Put Vin Diesel in as a Klingon general chomping at the bit to invade Federation space. Imagine a Chang-like character but forty years younger and pumped up, sick of the Federation's grip on space. Pit him and his barbaric crew against Kirk and co, you got yourself a worthy duel without having to rip off TWOK. Don't even need a superweapon. Have their space battles take place in unknown space. Add the odd cosmic hazard. Asteroid fields. Hell, send them straight into a sun's corona in the climax. Kirk and Vin in spacesuits, duking it out til kirk lands a kick, sending him roaring into the ehart of the sun. End.

You could have put that in spoilers. You've just ruined the next film for me now! :rolleyes:

Advertisement