Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed.

• 20-02-2010 5:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭

My current phone is a four year old nokia n70 pre pay phone with vodafone. Needless to say it needs changing as the battery lasts about half a day and its beginning to fall apart.

For my next phone though I dont know what to get. At the moment ive being getting more involved in the stock market and shareprices so usually every day I need access to my emails and a site that gives you live shareprices. The site with the live shareprices has an app for the iphone so that immediately has me interested in an iphone. But dont know if they are good/bad/indifferent?

I know next to nothing about mobiles and every phone ive had, the internet access on them is rubbish as it costs about a euro a minute and the websites are those specific mobile friendly websites.

The problem is when ive no access to the internet and this is where having a phone with good web capabilities would come in extremely handy.

I guess what im looking for is a phone that lets me readily access emails and websites without costing a bomb per minute and that has fast internet access.

I usually wouldnt be near any Wi-fi spots etc so could internet speed be a problem??

Another off topic question I have...is there any way to get a text message sent to your phone if you recieve an email in your inbox?

Thanks for any help, im pretty clueless!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Would you consider having a contract? That way you could go on a data plan which would make it a lot easier for you and cheaper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

HTC hero would probably suit you + it has built in stock tracking widget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

angel01 wrote: »
    Would you consider having a contract? That way you could go on a data plan which would make it a lot easier for you and cheaper?

If I could id rather go pre pay, but depending on the cost of a contract Id consider it.
    Bluefoam wrote: »
    HTC hero would probably suit you + it has built in stock tracking widget

Whats a HTC hero?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

joe123 wrote: »
    If I could id rather go pre pay, but depending on the cost of a contract Id consider it.

Whats a HTC hero?

HTC Hero:

http://www.htc.com/www/product/hero/overview.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

So is the HTC basically a rival to the iphone?

Was talking to someone who recommended the iphone who also uses it so he can check his emails and websites when hes away from the computer.

I dont want to get one of these though and realise that I cant pick up a good signal for the internet. Is there anyway of checking signal strengths like you can for those usb internet usb dongles you can plug into a laptop?

• Advertisement
Advertisement