Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how much would you expect to pay to get your hair curled

• 20-02-2010 5:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

for a wedding, 30 minutes with a tongs, etc..............what's a reasonable price for a country town in Cork.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Depends on your hair and the location of the salon, on my salon I charge between €30 and €40 but I know of other salons that charge €60+ :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Milesandmiles

It varies so much.

I've paid 20 euro in a country salon for rollers. I've paid nearly 30euro in JD Wilton for the same thing. I've had a "curly blow dry" done in PM Wilton. I think it was 28. I find the rollers or curly blow dry suit me better than GHD curls. The minimum I've paid for GHD is 30e. I have got charged 60 for GHD curls. I looked like Goldilocks.... didn't go back there!

My hair stops at my shoulder blades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

I've always been charged €25 for 'GHD' curls... Quite reasonable I think as I brought in my extensions the 2nd time and she didn't charge me any extra for curling them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I was charged €25 for GHD curls. I have since learned how to do them myself and they last for days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

I was charged €50 for my GHD curls and it took 3 hairdressers and an hour and half to do my hair! It's not even that long just bloody thick. I adore curly hair but unfortunately it's too expensive. My hair is poker straight :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

I was charged €50 for my GHD curls and it took 3 hairdressers and an hour and half to do my hair! It's not even that long just bloody thick. I adore curly hair but unfortunately it's too expensive. My hair is poker straight :(

Try the Babyliss wand - they range in price from €30 - €60 and once you get the hang of them your flying :D

They are great and much cheaper than paying €50 for an hour and a half sitting in the salon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭deisebabe

I've paid 45 euros before and in a small town paid 35. As other posters said it really does depend on the place. Ring them and check the price as I made the mistake the 45 euro time of assuming it would be about 25! :)

Advertisement