Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferguson Ariva HD Combo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Irish Kev

rabii wrote: »
    that's impossible man the one i point in the 1st time is the original software see below
    http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/download/HD-Satellite-Receivers/Ariva-200-Combo/A200Combo_2.11B7.zip/
    that's the same i sent you the 1st time
    accept after you edit channel list and you load it as a bin file

yes that firmware was ok,

but tonight after using this

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-00ab7ea7.html the box is a brick

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭rabii

that's impossible man I'm using it right now if you want i can send you a screen shoot

I can only say what happened, perhaps there is another issue with the box as even with faulty patch the power should work

you can try this with null-modem cable and a pc or laptop with come connection
    http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/faq/general-questions/75-what-is-the-schematic-of-rs232-null-modem-cable.html
    download ArivaUpgrade.zip
    upload the last soft to the receiver using the tool i think there a step by step pdf file inside the zip file
    good luck.

rabii wrote: »
    you can try this with null-modem cable and a pc or laptop with come connection
    http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/faq/general-questions/75-what-is-the-schematic-of-rs232-null-modem-cable.html
    download ArivaUpgrade.zip
    upload the last soft to the receiver using the tool i think there a step by step pdf file inside the zip file
    good luck.

Thanks rabii, that loader has done the trick and the power is back

Just need to load my channels settings now

• Advertisement

follow the link
    http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/download/HD-Satellite-Receivers/ariva-200/ArivaEditor.zip/
    there is a PDF file how to just don't forget to save the file as abs not bin file

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,328 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Irish Kev wrote: »
    as even with faulty patch the power should work

Not necessarily, a faulty firmware update or incorrectly formatted channel list can cause the box not to power up. Glad you got it sorted with the null modem.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭joanofarc

Just wondering if anyone is experiencing video audio sync problems on the Ariva 200 Combo. I noticed the problem a few weeks ago and this weekend upgraded to the latest firmware V2.11B7 to see if it fixed the problem: it didn't.
    The behaviour is not consistent, sometimes the delay if very subtle, other times its very noticable. The problem occurs on both terrestrial and satellite channels so would seem to be an issue with the box rather than the source.
    I also notice that the EPG function on the new firmware is patchy, most times it will fail to load a complete EPG only filling the channel you are on.
    Another problem is a system crash when navigating through system menus, I had not seen this in the previous firmware, the box will suddenly black screen and reboot.
    I tried the following to address these problems without sucess;
    Reset to factory defaults
    Power the system off at mains
    Contacted Ferguson technical support
    All to no avail
    I'd appreciate any suggestions that people might have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭radiofoot

I have attached an external drive and have been using this to record from DTT and satellite as well as pausing live transmissions. This all works well, but I am unable to watch a recorded programme while I am recording another. Any ideas on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Tony wrote: »

That directs to a file called riki.w3g! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,328 ✭✭✭✭Tony

The file has expired, those servers will not let you store indefinitely.

Try this http://wikisend.com/download/404770/ariva200ch_list.zip

OFDM wrote: »
    That directs to a file called riki.w3g! :confused:

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Tony wrote: »
    The file has expired, those servers will not let you store indefinitely.

Try this http://wikisend.com/download/404770/ariva200ch_list.zip

Thanks for that Tony!

I now have all the satellite channels - I hadn't been able to pick up half of them with the automatic scan!

It took me a while to get the channel list work so here's a run-down for anyone having problems:

Make sure it's the only .abs file on the hard drive or usb stick - at first the Ariva wouldn't recognise it because I had already dumped a DumpFile.abs onto the drive.

Second, when doing the terrestrial scan, choose to do a manual scan - I found that doing an automatic terrestrial scan jumbled all the satellite channels in the channel list!

Also, after doing the manual terrestrial scan, the terrestrial channels will appear at the end of the channel list - don't get confused by the terrestrial channels Tony programmed in at the start of the channel list - those can be deleted and the right ones for you manually moved in their place.

For the manual scan you can find out what channel to scan from the SaorView coverage checker:
    http://www.saorview.ie/make-the-switch/coverage-checker/coverage-map/

If you make the update and all channels lose audio, just go to standby and power up a gain and the audio will return.

So that leaves me with two questions:
    Does this list contain the latest firmware?
    Is making a DumpFile.abs the correct way to back up the channel list?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bob dobalena

Hi All,

I recently bought a one of these receivers and to be honest, although i work with technology every day of the week, i was a little over my head.
    That was all sorted by reading through this thread.
    I now know what to do for items i was concerned with and problems i may run into.
    Particular thanks to Kerbdog and Tony as your information sorted my issues.

Thanks again,

Bob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Imrisen

Lads any ideas;
    Every so often my Ariva 200 combo freezes during a scheduled recording and nothing cures it except momentarily disconnecting the mains. This can happen either during a recording or when it has finished.
    I have it set to stay on after recording, i have a 1TB self powered external hard drive recommended by Sat-World which leads me to believe the hard drive isn't the problem.
    I was previously using a 250G Seagate powered from the USB connection and assumed a change to a recommended hard drive would eliminate the problem.
    Anyone having similar problems..........?
    Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I'm getting recorded programmes freezing on me, anyone any idea why? It'll pause for a second or ten then resume playing??

Mmmmmmmm.........haven't had that one............YET...!
    Mine feeezes intermittently, though i have changed back to the Seagate 250G hard drive powered only through the usb connection and so far no freezing. Admittedly i have only changed back to it this morning so fingers crossed thats eliminated the problem.
    Any chance your hard drive is iffy.......? The 1 TB I was using was recommended and sold to me by the lads at Sat-World.
    Sorry Mr Moon, cant be of more help though i'll keep you posted on my progress and it might help you unravel your sticky wicket....!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I'm getting recorded programmes freezing on me, anyone any idea why? It'll pause for a second or ten then resume playing??

Defrag ?

Imrisen wrote: »
    Mmmmmmmm.........haven't had that one............YET...!
    Mine feeezes intermittently, though i have changed back to the Seagate 250G hard drive powered only through the usb connection and so far no freezing. Admittedly i have only changed back to it this morning so fingers crossed thats eliminated the problem.
    Any chance your hard drive is iffy.......? The 1 TB I was using was recommended and sold to me by the lads at Sat-World.
    Sorry Mr Moon, cant be of more help though i'll keep you posted on my progress and it might help you unravel your sticky wicket....!

I'm pretty sure the recommended size hard drive for the PVR is 750gb for optimal use.

Yeah i see thats the general consesus and i was aware of the stated size hard drive when i was recommended the bigger 1TB. One assumes the lads in the business would know that........
    Well im now over 24 hours back using the self powered seagate250g hard drive and still no freezing issues...........mmmmmm its all pointing to the "recommended" 1TB hard drive.........!!!

I plugged in my I Tb drive and had the freezing issue too.
    Using a 16gb stick at the moment.

Looking at my comment to you, it appears smarmy.
    Not my intention.

• Advertisement

Absolutely no offence taken, appreciate your thoughts Bob.
    Im having no issues now that i have reverted back to the saegate 250g so fingers crossed it stays that way...........))

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭victory10

Imrisen wrote: »
    Yeah i see thats the general consesus and i was aware of the stated size hard drive when i was recommended the bigger 1TB. One assumes the lads in the business would know that........
    Well im now over 24 hours back using the self powered seagate250g hard drive and still no freezing issues...........mmmmmm its all pointing to the "recommended" 1TB hard drive.........!!!

Hi,
    When I tried my 750GB WD HDD on the older Ariva Combo HD receiver, I had problems.
    Then I checked the drive in my PC and apparently it had, in addition to the hard disk drive, another embedded drive.
    Only when I disabled the embedded drive, the unit worked without problems.
    Please check if the Seagate HDD has also anything extra.
    As for the size, 750GB was specified as max for the Combo (need formatting in FAT32). Not sure if this is also true for the 200 which can be formatted in NTFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 patcaff

Hi guys, sorry if I missed this or misread something. Does Cccam work in the Ferguson Ariva HD combo. A supplier says no, only the 100e does according to them. But I get the impression from the board that Cccam does work or can be installed. Help please.

Hi,
    yes and did you can set up cccam for your 200combo but you will lose the functionality of the DVB-T another way the software you will use is for 200 not 200combo the developers still at it, so if you are ready to lose the terrestrial channels you can download the freamwork

• Registered Users Posts: 5 patcaff

Hi, thanks but I really need the terrestrial tuner -dvb-t. So I guess I will have to get another receiver. Grrr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Hey all,

Stumbled across this box/thread as part of a Google search for something completely different!! :p

Few quick questions:

- Freesat.ie lists this as a Freesat compatible receiver - I'm presuming they mean FTA? So no Freesat EPG?
    - Speaking of EPG's, what is the one on this like.. simple Now/Next or a few days worth of listings? In other words, can you schedule recordings as with Sky
    - Does it have full functionality with Saorview?
    - What cards does this support? Someone mentioned the Sky FTV card at the start? Does this work and if so what's the advantage (ie: it hardly loads the Sky EPG etc?)

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

They have a new one out.... same buzz, different price (new ones play avi/mkvs from usb too).

Bargain Alert: New Ferguson HD DTT/Sat Combo Box - €63 before postagefore postage

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭deecom

Hi,

Does anyone know how to upgrade the firmware when i go to usb all i can see is the channel list but no firmware file. Have never upgraded since i got the box last year.

Also how do you tune in BBC HD and Channel 4 HD? Can seem to do it in the sat scan.

Cheers
    :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Hi All,

I recently bought a one of these receivers and to be honest, although i work with technology every day of the week, i was a little over my head.
    That was all sorted by reading through this thread.
    I now know what to do for items i was concerned with and problems i may run into.
    Particular thanks to Kerbdog and Tony as your information sorted my issues.

Thanks again,

Bob.

Your welcome dude :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 davidhand365

Hi all,

Can someone kindly upload an updated pre-tuned channel file which reflects the change in BBC HD stations and also C4 HD and RTE +1

Cheers

Advertisement