Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know of a cricket club in Offaly

Options
  • 20-02-2010 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

or surrounding areas? thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭medoc

I'm almost certain there is one in Doon. Doon is on the Athlone to Ferbane road not far from ferbane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 tamara00

Oh yes I know Doon. Just googled them and will contact them. thanks so much! my boys will be delighted to get a game or some training.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭agcons

medoc wrote: »
    I'm almost certain there is one in Doon. Doon is on the Athlone to Ferbane road not far from ferbane.
    Its on the left about 200yards past Doon cross as you go to Athlone. Sign says Athlone cricket Club. I know the landowner so if you pm me I can give you his number

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Publicdiservice

Laois County play in Portlaoise in the Rugby Club grounds at Togher. They have 3 adult teams and would cater for all levels of ability. There is also a club in Mullingar. If you visit the Leinster Cricket Union website there is a club contacts page for every team in the Province so that would be a good place to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi55

hi theres a cricket club a few miles from birr there situated in ballingarry there called ballyeighan cricket club heres a link to there contact details

http://www.ntsp.ie/cricket.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 atudor

Laois Cricket Club is located at Portlaois Rugby Grounds. We have 3 adult teams in Leinster Leagues. Also we have under 15 and under 17's youth teams playing Leinster League Cricket. The youth teams are also affiliated with Athlone Cricket Club who are situated in Doone. Here is the wedsite for the Laois County Cricket Club www.laois.com At the moment we have indoor training in Mountmellick Recreational Sports Centre on Saturdays from 3 until 5 pm. All are welcome of ages 14+. Hope to see you there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 tamara00

Hey, that is fantastic atudor. My boys are not 14 yet, but it is great to know there is such a developed structure for older teens to play cricket in the region. thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭The Scawgeen

I don't have the Tullamore Tribune beside me at the minute, but I glanced at it this morning and I think I saw a feature about Cricket in these here parts about a hundred years ago, I know it slightly off topic but it might be worth a read if the lads are interested in Cricket.

Advertisement