Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice wanted-- bean bags ireland

Options
  • 20-02-2010 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Hey all,

Im looking to buy a beanbag, the biggest i can get for the least amount of money. I found this place called BeanBags Ireland, they are based in Limerick. Their prices are reasonable, but there is not much info on their website. I was just wondering has anyone here bought from them before? Whats the quality of their beanbags, sizes etc? any feedback aprieciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

there's a beanbag store beside the market in limerick city centre. I would guess it's the same company. I haven't bought from them, bought have looked at the stock, and they seem good quality. They offer various sizes of beanbags - some of which are very large.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Beaniedude

Thanks for the reply, i did'nt know they had a walk in store, because i was told they were an online only business at present.
    Would they be as big as budda bag ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

I don't know how big the budda ones are. They have very big ones though. I'm 6'2 and as far as I remember it seemed more like sittiing in an armchair than on a cushion to me, if that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Could you buy a bean bag cover from ebay and then buy the stuffing in a local habadashery? Its much cheaper.

Also think that hickeys home care may be selling some at the moment.

Dinkie wrote: »
    Could you buy a bean bag cover from ebay and then buy the stuffing in a local habadashery? Its much cheaper.

Also think that hickeys home care may be selling some at the moment.

I dont know if there is a hickeys in my locality. the DIY option sounds interesting though. What kind of shops would sell the stuffing?

Update: I want a fairly big bean bag though, and i have'nt been able to find many large covers on ebay

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Moved from Retro.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,472 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The filling for bean bags is polystyrene beads and they are sold in builders providers for insulation. If you are making a bean bag you need to make an inner case whcih you fill with beads and stitch up, then make a decorative cover with a fastening (Velcro for example). You may find you have to top up the filling after 12 months or so.

WindSock wrote: »
    Moved from Retro.

ok, sorry about that, was'nt sure where to post this.:o

looksee wrote: »
    The filling for bean bags is polystyrene beads and they are sold in builders providers for insulation. If you are making a bean bag you need to make an inner case whcih you fill with beads and stitch up, then make a decorative cover with a fastening (Velcro for example). You may find you have to top up the filling after 12 months or so.

Nah i think i'll just buy one. Thanks for info anyways :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Beaniedude wrote: »
    ok, sorry about that, was'nt sure where to post this.:o

No worries. Sure it's a large site. One can easily get lost :)

There is a newbies & faq forum if you need any help

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=98

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Roryhy

Came across some beanbags on e-bay called Beanybags. Anyone bought one of these? Prices seem very reasonable but would like to hear a review from someone. www.beanybags.com

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭SaKuRa

Roryhy bought one there recently and it is great(massive size),will be extra great if we get a summer this year...got to order a smaller pink one now for the little one :rolleyes:
    Oh yeah checked out the option of buying the beans & bag seperatley,but with delivery of small amount of beans to Dublin it was expensive and too much hassle,so went with the Beanybag one complete instead.Maybe if you have a local source of beans you could buy the covers seperatley and save money.

Hi, just wanted to post back since i received my Beanybag today. Very happy with it, went with the royal blue, very nice colour. My little nephew Jack(3) absolutely loves it, it was hard for his parents to pull him away from it! Fast delivery and to tell the truth i dont think you could beat the price, only €99. I just wanted to post this as i know its hard shopping on the internet sometimes, there's so much out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Cheers, I have just placed my order today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Cheers, I have just placed my order today!

OK, that was quick, my bean bag arrived today. Well impressed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Ive been looking for one of these cheap!! Nice one lads!

Can you sit up straight on these things or do you lie on em? Stupid question alert maybe!? Thinking of getting the Xtra Large one..

keithgeo wrote: »
    Can you sit up straight on these things or do you lie on em? Stupid question alert maybe!? Thinking of getting the Xtra Large one..

Yeah, i have a Beanybag, its Xtra Large & you can manipulate them to any position you like, here are examples of positions i found on google-
    bean-bag-chair-4.jpgftb1000_b.jpgelegant-bean-bags-ZSOB.jpg
    The middle pic is the position id use most, my back ain't the best so sometimes sitting on the couch isn't comfortable for me, which is the reason i purchased in the first place.
    More pics of similar here- http://www.fatboybeanbags.ie/bean-bags.html
    + here- http://beanybags.com/store/gallery/

Ok cool, i have to say until i seen your pics with people sitting on them i didnt realise how big it was.. Purchasing!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Where are you buying these?

• Advertisement

The link to the website is on the previous page.

This thread kind of died a death, did you buy 1 after Keithgeo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Roryhy wrote: »
    Hi, just wanted to post back since i received my Beanybag today. Very happy with it, went with the royal blue, very nice colour. My little nephew Jack(3) absolutely loves it, it was hard for his parents to pull him away from it! Fast delivery and to tell the truth i dont think you could beat the price, only €99. I just wanted to post this as i know its hard shopping on the internet sometimes, there's so much out there.

Hi I know this thread is old but I was wondering if you are still happy with the bag. Im thinking of getting one.

Irishchick wrote: »
    Hi I know this thread is old but I was wondering if you are still happy with the bag. Im thinking of getting one.

Hi, yeah definately, bought one for the girlfriend after(secretly for myself while in her house). And I have found a new way to use it too, as a footrest while on the couch!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Roryhy wrote: »
    Hi, yeah definately, bought one for the girlfriend after(secretly for myself while in her house). And I have found a new way to use it too, as a footrest while on the couch!

Is it as big as the "sit on it" one in the picture you posted? the 1800mm x 1400mm one on beanybags website?

Can one actually use it as a chair as such ?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭leinsterdude

Hi, bought one in Harvey Normans, had 24 hours and it burst....they were sound and refunded, be careful to buy one that allows the beans to move about inside an inner layer, also the outer should not be a cloth as it tears....

Advertisement