Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porterhouse beers?

Options
  • 20-02-2010 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭

Was in a friends house recently and saw 330ml bottles of Brain Blasta and Plain porter from the Porterhouse out on the sideboard in the kitchen, where do you get these is there an offy that does them, thanks?:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭mayto

You can get them from drinkstore anyway in stoneybatter http://www.drinkstore.ie/store/search.asp?keyword=PORTERHOUSE . Not sure what other offies sell them but Dublin folks here should know. Tasted the hophead and the plain and really liked them. Think I read somewhere more of their beers will be bottles soon :) .

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

yep in Drinkstore yesterday and in the shop they had just got the Oyster Stout in,

that's Plain Porter, Oyster Stout, Brain Blasta, and Hophead now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Seen in Redmond's of Ranalagh the other day.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Central had bottles of Red, and if Oyster's out Wrasslers should be too. The new Celebration imperial stout is to come as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thelynchfella

great that they seem to be bottling all their beers....all i need now is for hooker to follow suit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Deveneys of Dundrum also have them.
    You can also buy them from the Bull and Castle (pub) at Christchurch at off license prices during off license trading hours.

Looking forward to Wrasslers myself. Great to see they are all bottle (naturally) conditioned too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 DeclanBrady

World Wide Wines in Waterford seel all the Porterhouse Beers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

The plain porter is probably the best bottle porter/stout in the country

When they are not bad batches that is :D

I have hopes that Wrasslers will be better though. I much prefer Wrasslers to plain on tap, in fact I do not like plain very much on tap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 paddy-cork

nice beers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Saruman wrote: »
    I have hopes that Wrasslers will be better though. I much prefer Wrasslers to plain on tap, in fact I do not like plain very much on tap.

Plain is much beer from the bottle or the bright tank that nitro served

Indeed, I like plain in the bottle. I am working off the logic that since I really like Wrasslers on tap, then I will like the bottle even more :D

I could be disappointed but I hope not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭rottenhat

I'll have to give Plain a try from the bottle so - I much prefer Wrasslers on draught (and it will make me very happy to see that in bottles).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

oblivious wrote: »
    The plain porter is probably the best bottle porter/stout in the country

I was quite underwhelmed with it from the bottle. Found it pretty bland, I must give it another shot. It was lovely on cask when they had it, delish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

I have to say that I find the quality of draught Plain and Wrasslers very variable. When they're good they're great but bad batches are way too common for my liking.

Advertisement