Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hells Rage Whites Hotel Wexford 27th Feb

• 20-02-2010 6:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Heres the card for the show next week.If you want tickets please contact me................... www.tuffnutpromotion@gmail.com
    Were starting the show off with a pro fight hope the card suits your needs as fans of irish mma!

Pro Rules

Paul Cummins (top pro kk) vs John Redmond (Rush) 84kg middleweightweight a class

Semi Pro

Bartec Czuba (Tsf Wexford) vs Josh Coughlan (kokoro) 77kg welterweight c class

Ian oneill (Top Pro kk) vs Ronnie Brennan (strabane fight team) 58kg bantomweight c class

Levi Keogh (tsf wexford) vs Patrick Sheridan (Kokoro) 70kg lightweight c class

K1 Rules

Robert Miskow (top pro kilkenny) vs Daragh Kennedy (kokoro) 90kg heavyweight k1 rules

Semi Pro

Felim Burke (kokoro) vs Carl Holmes (tsf wexford) 73kg catchweight c class

Mick brennan (top pro kk) vs Tom Walsh (waterford ft) 70kg lightweight c class

Paul Donoughue (top pro kk) vs Justin Doyle (Na fianna) 77kg welterweight c class

Alan Duffy (sbg) vs Brian moore (tsf wexford) 70kg lightweight c class

Paul Delaney (Pbs galway) vs Brendan McGarry (top pro kk) 70 kg lightweight c class

Jason Quinn (pbs galway) vs Andrew Connolly (maynooth shootfighters) 84kg middle weight c class

Pro Rules

Paul Hickey (pbs galway) vs Dean Barry (next gen) 85kg catchweight b class

Paddy Holohan (Sbg) vs Enda Fenton (pbs galway) 61.2kg featherweight b class

Richard Gorey (top pro kk) vs Peter rednek (waterford ft) 77kg welterweight a class

Myles Price (top pro kk) vs Marcian puganofski (waterford ft) 73kg catchweight a class

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

Why are you starting with a pro fight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Why are you starting with a pro fight?

i suppose it will get the crowd going!

anyway suits us so we can chill after it, :)

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭Magic M

Paul Cummins is our head stand up coach and needs to do the corner afterwards, also I like the idea of starting with a pro fight kicks the night off well and gives a taste of whats to come!:)

Magic M wrote: »
    Paul Cummins is our head stand up coach and needs to do the corner afterwards, also I like the idea of starting with a pro fight kicks the night off well and gives a taste of whats to come!:)

Oh i see i was unaware that Paul was a coach.
    Cool. Good luck with things hope it all goes well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

Looks like a decent card!!

Good luck with the show from all at www.fight.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Is Paul fighting in Kickboxing or MMA rules?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭da-bres

great card, this will be a great night:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭mikey1

jasus myley ya never told us paul was fightin in this! cool :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Good looking card. Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Really hope this show is a regular thing. Great Venue.

With that being said I have to add that the show was ruined for me by the seating arrangements. The first 3 or 4 rows around the ring were taped off for Top Pro KK fans. When a Top Pro KK fighter was fighting (There was a lot) I got to see abosolutely nothing of the action in the cage. They stood up the whole time even when they were turning to look at the big screen. It really did ruin it for me and a lot of others around me. I understand why you'd want the home crowd to be around the ring but it may have been better to put them all in a section where they have front row to back row to themselves. At least that way when they all stand up they aren't blocking everyone else.

With so many people Driving from other parts of the country it really gets annoying when the show starts an hour late aswell. I understand this is not intentional but it would be great if that wasn't a regular thing. I'd like to attend an event that starts on time for a change.

Even with all that moaning :) I'd still travel to see another show. I hope it becomes a regular thing. Well done to you all involved.

• Advertisement

Any results?

I think this is how it went...... Up until I had to leave. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Paul Cummins (top pro kk) vs John Redmond (Rush) 84kg middleweightweight a class TKO ?

Bartec Czuba (Tsf Wexford) vs Josh Coughlan (kokoro) 77kg welterweight c class Submission Armbar

Ian oneill
    (Top Pro kk) vs Ronnie Brennan (strabane fight team) 58kg bantomweight c class Decision

Levi Keogh (tsf wexford) vs Patrick Sheridan (Kokoro) 70kg lightweight c class Submission Rear Naked Choke

Robert Miskow (top pro kilkenny) vs Daragh Kennedy (kokoro) 90kg heavyweight k1 rules TKO

Felim Burke (kokoro) vs Carl Holmes (tsf wexford) 73kg catchweight c class KO

Mick brennan (top pro kk) vs Tom Walsh (waterford ft) 70kg lightweight c class Can't remember but think it was Mick Brennan

Paul Donoughue (top pro kk) vs Justin Doyle (Na fianna) 77kg welterweight c class Decision

Alan Duffy (sbg) vs Brian moore (tsf wexford) 70kg lightweight c class Decision ?

any word on richard gorey and myles price fights?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

GSPfan wrote: »
    Really hope this show is a regular thing. Great Venue.

With that being said I have to add that the show was ruined for me by the seating arrangements. The first 3 or 4 rows around the ring were taped off for Top Pro KK fans. When a Top Pro KK fighter was fighting (There was a lot) I got to see abosolutely nothing of the action in the cage. They stood up the whole time even when they were turning to look at the big screen. It really did ruin it for me and a lot of others around me. I understand why you'd want the home crowd to be around the ring but it may have been better to put them all in a section where they have front row to back row to themselves. At least that way when they all stand up they aren't blocking everyone else.
    Just on this point, the taped area was for people who bought the cageside seats,not just top pro(unless ive suddenly joined a new gym and nobody told me :confused:)

Anyway, great venue for the show and Id agree with the issue of starting late for those travelling.The only other issues id have would be the DJ,some of the cage lighting and the main event too!
    That said there was some great fights and a good show overall :)

Both Richie and Myles won by TKO.
    Richies won by punches from the mount and Myles won from Marcian refusing to engage

Both Richie and Myles won by TKO.
    Richies won by punches from the mount and Myles won from Marcian refusing to engage
    Cheers man!:)

Just on this point, the taped area was for people who bought the cageside seats,not just top pro(unless ive suddenly joined a new gym and nobody told me :confused:)

Ha, Fair point. I meant it to mean that most the TOP PRO KK supporters were in there. The venue and seating layout was so good that you could sit anywhere and still see the action in the cage........ If the people around it were sitting down. Really bugs me. Every other good aspect (And there are a lot) was ruined by that important one.

But still I want to stress HOPE TO GO AGAIN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Pro Rules

Paul Cummins (top pro kk) vs John Redmond (Rush)84kg Guiloteen

Semi Pro

Bartec Czuba (Tsf Wexford) vs Josh Coughlan (kokoro) 77kg Armbar

Ian oneill (Top Pro kk) vs Ronnie Brennan (strabane fight team) 58kg Split decision

Levi Keogh (tsf wexford) vs Patrick Sheridan (Kokoro) 70kg Guiloteen

K1 Rules

Robert Miskow (top pro kilkenny) vs Daragh Kennedy (kokoro) 90kg heavyweight k1 rules tko(great knee to the body)

Semi Pro

Felim Burke (kokoro) vs Carl Holmes (tsf wexford) 73kg KO

Mick brennan (top pro kk) vs Tom Walsh (waterford ft) 70kg Split decision

Paul Donoughue (top pro kk) vs Justin Doyle (Na fianna) 77kg Decision

Alan Duffy (sbg) vs Brian moore (tsf wexford) 70kg lightweight (can't remember how)

Paul Delaney (Pbs galway) vs Brendan McGarry (top pro kk) 70 kg Referee stoppage

Jason Quinn (pbs galway) vs Andrew Connolly (maynooth shootfighters) 84kg tko(i think)
    Pro Rules

Paul Hickey (pbs galway) vs Dean Barry (next gen) 85kg catchweight b class

Richard Gorey (top pro kk) vs Peter rednek (waterford ft) 77kg Ground and pound

Myles Price (top pro kk) vs Marcian puganofski (waterford ft) 73kg Myles...by tko/referee stoppage

The taped off area was for ringside not just top pro supporters, the reason that their was so many TP supporters there is cos Ian o neil and Mick Brennan sold 150 tickets between them. Also we're from kilkenny, the wexford lads were the home team not us!!

Overall I thought the show was quite good fight wise, good atmosphere from the crowd with some of the other fighters bringing a good support crew with them.

The reason it was so late is because the paramedics didn't turn up and time and both Myles and the doctor refused to go on with the show till they arrived, yes it was a pain waiting but imagine how bad it would of been If Felim Burke was ko'd like hat without the paramedics being there, as always fighter safety is paramount.

Mark had to of been dying under those lights in the tux!

Myles won from Marcian refusing to engage

Can someone elaborate on this please?
    Do you mean he just stopped fighting or kept circling away?

The taped off area was for ringside not just top pro supporters, the reason that their was so many TP supporters there is cos Ian o neil and Mick Brennan sold 150 tickets between them. Also we're from kilkenny, the wexford lads were the home team not us!!

Again, Fair Point..... Not having a go at TOP PRO or anything here. Just saying it would have been nice to see the event. Whether that means employing someone to tell them to sit down??? I don't know.

• Advertisement

The reason it was so late is because the paramedics didn't turn up and time and both Myles and the doctor refused to go on with the show till they arrived, yes it was a pain waiting but imagine how bad it would of been If Felim Burke was ko'd like hat without the paramedics being there, as always fighter safety is paramount.

actually the show could not start without a doctor or a medic present and the doctor was taking forever on medicals-what a donkey is all i can say, about an hour too late conor cassidy who is a medic said he'd stay ringside for to start the fights while the doctor done 3 more medicals, which would have taken about 45 mins as he was so slow and clueless

I hope for future shows he is not brought back as he was a joke.

This is not Myles fault as he did not know the doctor would be like this.

He just kept lying down. He pulled guard at the start but after that everytime myles got near him he lay down. Myles threw a punch, didn't connect yet he went to groung, Eventually got a warning, in the second round same story except he didn't get up when he was told to be the ref

He got Myles down at the start of the fight and some good ground work from both till Myles got back to his feet.
    After that every takedown attempt was stuffed so Marcian resorted to flopping to his back(think Silva vs Leites).Ref took a point off him after he did it repeatedly in round 1.
    Continued again in round 2 and refesued to get back to his feet after one of them so the ref just called it

Again, Fair Point..... Not having a go at TOP PRO or anything here. Just saying it would have been nice to see the event. Whether that means employing someone to tell them to sit down??? I don't know.
    I thought that myself at one point when a few people were standing on chairs tbh.

Oh yeah Paul I remember that now about the doctor I showed up at half 6 or so and there was a good few left an hour later and there was maybe 3 people less!, But the order of malta also didn't turn up as they forgot!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

He just kept lying down. He pulled guard at the start but after that everytime myles got near him he lay down. Myles threw a punch, didn't connect yet he went to groung, Eventually got a warning, in the second round same story except he didn't get up when he was told to be the ref

Not slagging off the fighter, but that description is hilarious :pac:

Not slagging off the fighter, but that description is hilarious :pac:
    It was terrible to watch unfortunately, at one point Myles was even laughing. I think he expected Myles to go to ground just because he wouldn't stand up. Myles played it smart and kept it standing though.

Edit: Forgot to mention this but Ian O Neil has a chin of steel! I was full sure that big right hand would of put him to sleep.

It was terrible to watch unfortunately, at one point Myles was even laughing. I think he expected Myles to go to ground just because he wouldn't stand up. Myles played it smart and kept it standing

I had one like this at the "show" in Warrenpoint too. One of the fighters came in like a lunatic like he was gonna kill dead things. In the end after a bit of windmilling he gassed and sat with his back against the cage and refused to get up!

He just kept lying down. He pulled guard at the start but after that everytime myles got near him he lay down.

He did a Nick Serra.

like he was gonna kill dead things

LMAO. Brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 fogarty245

It was my first mma fight night and i have to say i was very impressed. it was alot more professional than i expected and apart from the delay in starting there were some great fights..the kokoro boys were excellent in their fights but than again i would be abit biased :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

My first one too, was really impressed with the setup and thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Well done to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Wonky Knees

I attended the event on Saturday. It was my first event. As an aside I don't have a TV and have seen very little MMA. I hope my comments don't get laughed out of the thread. I haven't been involved for a long time, but prior to my period in the wilderness I spent a few years doing Wing Chun, many years at Lung Ying and I won a junior kickboxing title in the 80s.

My Points:

I though the crowd was well behaved.
    I agree that the DJ and lights could have been a lot better especially from the door to the cage.
    The security guys were very polite, so well done to them.
    I sat near the back so every time a fighter was grounded, I had to look at the screen - I suppose this is inevitable and I should be at least thankful that a screen was present.
    Most of the fights were excellent and a credit to the fighters and their coaches. Some fights were very disappointing especially those guys who tried their best not to fight. They just waisted everyones time and should never have stepped into the cage.

NOW my gripe. This has been on my mind since Saturday night. MMA is mixed martial arts. I don't know much about MMA but I know a little about Martial Arts. In martial arts discipline and respect are very important qualities.

The fight with F. Burke was a turn off for me. Burke took an early kick, dropped his hand and was KO'd with a punch. While he lay unconscious on the mat surrounded by three medics trying hard to revive him, his opponent was jumping up and down in wild hysterics.

Firstly, every winner should celebrate and then shake hands with their opponent - this is not my problem. Most people there watched in anticipation since it was obvious the fighter was hurt. My problem is the way in which his opponent engaged in wild celebration while a fighter lay on the floor - I though this was bad taste, disrespectful and lacking in discipline. You experienced MMA guys may come back and tell me I'm mad. You may say that this is part of the sport's culture and if so then so be it - but it's a part that I don't like and I'd sincerely appreciate your opinion on my point.

Finally, well done to the winner in this fight, he made an opening, exploited it and utterly deserved the win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭mmaireland.com

...he lay unconscious on the mat surrounded by three medics trying hard to revive him, his opponent was jumping up and down in wild hysterics...

Appreciate those comments but also feel I should speak out a little on this subject. A few people have mentioned these celebrations to me. I was in the cage and know first hand how things went emotionally at the time. In fairness, the celebrations started at the point of the KO (indeed he was so pumped up he jumped to the mat and illegally struck Felim in the face while he was down). Dave Jones (on the ball as always) immediately jumped in and stopped it.

MMA is highly adrenalised at the best of times. For amateurs - more so (nerves).

It's a simple fact that, at an amateur level, the majority of fighters get by on adrenaline alone. We specifically train our guys not to get caught up in this. Felim's opponent did celebrate around the place but had no reason not to. As soon as he realised that Felim hadn't returned to his feet (and his own heart rate started to return back to earth) he stopped the celebration and was, I believe, genuinely interested in Felim's welfare. In fact, he was shaking with fear that something may have gone terribly wrong.

He fought on adrenaline (not uncommon in amateur MMA) and was a total gentleman after the fight. We've no gripe with him so I see no reason for anyone else to be offended.

As for Felim, everything was a precautionary measure due to the clean KO. He was absolutely fine and not even a concussion out of it. Was just "on the button". Congratulations to Carl on his win. He showed up in shape and ready to fight.

As an aside, what an outstanding job on the part of the paramedic staff that evening! Whilst the crowd may be upset at the "delays" caused by medical interventions - I can say only that I'm delighted my fighters were in such good hands. I'm sure all coaches and fighters feel the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Wonky Knees

Thanks for the clarity and inside information. Glad to hear that Carl acted like a pro once he settled down.

As soon as he realised that Felim hadn't returned to his feet (and his own heart rate started to return back to earth) he stopped the celebration and was, I believe, genuinely interested in Felim's welfare. In fact, he was shaking with fear that something may have gone terribly wrong..

In fairness Shane, he stopped when you told him to cop on that he was been an ass and you where right to.

hopefully he'll learn from it about controlling his emotions as its a part of the sport that is a big turn off when it happens.

On a side note i feel when he hit the opponent on the ground the fight should have been paused to allow recovery as a foul is a foul wheter its after a good knock down or not.

apart from that i thought he looked very good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

cowzerp wrote: »
    In fairness Shane, he stopped when you told him to cop on that he was been an ass and you where right to.

Well if that ain't calling a spade a spade :pac:

Yeah I was a bit dissappointed for the length of time his wild celebrations went on for. In real time he must have been going wild for about 60 seconds. He was probably knackered from that! Sure worse things have happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Most people missed it when Marchin got Myles down for the third (and last) time, he shouted "Ha-ha I have you now!" a touch premature perhaps.
    Marchin looked good on the ground before he gassed, but he has a long way to go before he is ready for the cage from what I saw.

Great show, well done to Myles and all the other Tuff Nuts for making it such a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Yeah I was a bit dissappointed for the length of time his wild celebrations went on for. In real time he must have been going wild for about 60 seconds. He was probably knackered from that! Sure worse things have happened.

He was going on for a while alright, I actually tried to calm him down at one point, shook his hand to "congratulate" him then held him in place to give him a chance to relax. He decided against relaxing and went up top the cage on the other side this time.

A someone who has done a full Hulk Hogan post fight posedown I know how adrenalin can get the better of a winner and I am sure he is embarrassed by how he carried on, but I don't believe there was any bad intention there, just high spirits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭stevemc01

Really enjoyed the show on Saturday, there were a few hickups but very good for a first show. Dave did a great job as ref and Mark likewise as MC.

There was a some good fights, good fighters on show. Also some guys who weren't as well prepared as they could have been, but you can't criticize anyone who has the balls to get in there in the first place.

Delighted to hear Felim Burke is ok after that KO.

The DJ was a bit of a pleb though.

But again a good show, look forward to the next one. Well done to Myles and all involved in putting it together.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭mmaireland.com

As it happens; I didn't ask him to calm down or mention his behaviour in any way. The only interaction I had with him was to calm him when he became concerned for Felim.
    On a side note i feel when he hit the opponent on the ground the fight should have been paused to allow recovery as a foul is a foul wheter its after a good knock down or not.

Felim was out before he hit the mat. He wasn't going to recover. Sure, there should be some fallout for the illegal strike (which was all about a lack of control) but he'd the fight won before Felim landed on the mat.

It's all good - I'd rather focus on the overall evening.

I'm 100% proud of our team. We trained as a team, we showed up as a team, we fought as a team and we put in first class performances. As a team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭David Jones

Felim was out before he hit the mat. He wasn't going to recover. Sure, there should be some fallout for the illegal strike (which was all about a lack of control) but he'd the fight one before Felim landed on the mat.

If you watch the tape paul, Felim was knocked clean out on the feet, and as I was diving across to prevent more punnishment on the ground and signalling that was it was over, his opp followed up with a punch (yes to the head) but at that stage the match was over as Shane said lads get over excited. If I hadnt deemed the match to be already over or if the first punch landed had been on the ground then yes action would have been necessary. As it was the fight was won on the feet and the second punch was just adrenaline and lack of experience. Hope thats clear enough for you.

Most people missed it when Marchin got Myles down for the third (and last) time, he shouted "Ha-ha I have you now!" a touch premature perhaps.
    Marchin looked good on the ground before he gassed, but he has a long way to go before he is ready for the cage from what I saw.

Great show, well done to Myles and all the other Tuff Nuts for making it such a good one.
    Asked Myles about this myself after the fight before I left, Myles said he said it after his knee audibly popped, Have just been told that Myles is on crutches by one the lads.

Asked Myles about this myself after the fight before I left, Myles said he said it after his knee audibly popped, Have just been told that Myles is on crutches by one the lads.

man thats sinister! kinda evil!:confused: hope myles isn to badly injured though, wish i was at this event, i heard ians fight was great:)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Gorey_R

da-bres wrote: »
    man thats sinister! kinda evil!:confused: hope myles isn to badly injured though, wish i was at this event, i heard ians fight was great:)

Ya, Ian and Robbie was immense. The guts Ian showed was unreal.

I thought that myself at one point when a few people were standing on chairs tbh.
    That was really only when Dean Barry was fighting......who was apparently walking in a mumble wonderland according to the song :pac:

Gorey_R wrote: »
    Ya, Ian and Robbie was immense. The guts Ian showed was unreal.
    Ian unfortunately was more hurt than he appeared and will be out for two months at least, which imo shows how much he wanted that fight!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 joeybull

the show was excellent much better than boxing.when is it on again?is 34 too old to start?thank u in advance

joeybull wrote: »
    the show was excellent much better than boxing.when is it on again?is 34 too old to start?thank u in advance

Not too old. The only drawback to being a late starter [I'm in the same boat] is that life tends to get in the way of your training [work, family,etc] so its hard to give 100% commitment to training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭DB888

That was really only when Dean Barry was fighting......who was apparently walking in a mumble wonderland according to the song :pac:

That was just some very drunken friends on the chairs during my fight..:pac:

Also,for the entrance songs the DJ played my music for my opponent,and my opponents music for me..Somehow got mixed up,even with my name wrote with large marker on a cd..But anyway,i enjoyed it.Doesn matter:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement