Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toyota Key

Options
  • 20-02-2010 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Had to get a second key cut for the car. Went to Toyota main dealer, got the key ordered in (€50) got it cut to match my own then went back to get it programmed, long story short I didn't get it done. So went to a different Toyota dealer where they spent an hour trying to programme the key with no joy.

Now I have to go back to where I got the key to return it as it cannot be programmed. I've a feeling they wont take the key back as it's been cut. Though it's it's a dud as it cant be programmed. Any advice on what I can say/do if they say we're keeping your €50, tough!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

Seanieke wrote: »
    Had to get a second key cut for the car. Went to Toyota main dealer, got the key ordered in (€50) got it cut to match my own then went back to get it programmed, long story short I didn't get it done. So went to a different Toyota dealer where they spent an hour trying to programme the key with no joy.

Now I have to go back to where I got the key to return it as it cannot be programmed. I've a feeling they wont take the key back as it's been cut. Though it's it's a dud as it cant be programmed. Any advice on what I can say/do if they say we're keeping your €50, tough!

If you are taking it back to the first garage to return it, why not just get them to program it?

If they can't program it then ask for your money back.

Advertisement