Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Camping Tent

• 20-02-2010 6:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

can anyone recommend a good tent for festivals?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Toast

Avoid single skin tents. Try get something with over 1500 hydrostatic head. Depending on how you are getting to the festival be aware of the weight of the tent as you'll have to carry it. 5kg is probably a max if you're going to also have to carry beer and the rest of your gear. If you are sharing with someone tents with two doors will save you a lot of hassle. General rule is you'll have to spend at least 30 euro to get something that won't fall apart at the slightest bit of rain and 50 isn't unheard of. Anything less and you should be asking some questions as to why. Any more and you'll have to ask is it worth risking damage from random drunks falling on it or malicious intent at a festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ouravit

A tunnel design Milano 3 tent by Vango is ideal for festivaling.
    You could pick one up for 35euros
    I would opt for red as it will be easier to find amongst the carnage and utter lunacy of any camping festival

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Not sure where you are located Bob, but the camping shops around Capel Street in Dublin almost always have really cheap tents for sale coming up to festival season.

TBH I think the chances of getting a tent ruined at a music festival are quite high so I wouldn't be spending too much on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

this is probably not the right place for this thread tbh but I would say a good tent is the last thing you want for festival! just something cheap and cheerful and light, youre not going to be sleeping that much anyway. But +1 for the camping shops around mary street/capel street area, army bargains etc, got a big 4/5 man tent in a shop around the corner from army bargains last year for under 70euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

More important than the tent itself is probably a survival bag or two. Big, usually orange, plastic bag that you can sleep in in your sleeping bag and stay dry.
    During the day you can roll up your sleeping bag and clothes into it to keep them dry.
    Sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

--LOS-- wrote: »
    this is probably not the right place for this thread tbh but I would say a good tent is the last thing you want for festival! just something cheap and cheerful and light, youre not going to be sleeping that much anyway. But +1 for the camping shops around mary street/capel street area, army bargains etc, got a big 4/5 man tent in a shop around the corner from army bargains last year for under 70euro.

this is the best advice you will get! dont splash out on antin too fancy, cos the fancier it is the more people will want to mess with it or whatever, what festival are you going to btw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

More important than the tent itself is probably a survival bag or two. Big, usually orange, plastic bag that you can sleep in in your sleeping bag and stay dry.
    During the day you can roll up your sleeping bag and clothes into it to keep them dry.
    Sorted.

I need to get me one of those! btw army bargains do some great 45L hiking bags too for only 25euros, ideal size for festivals, anything bigger with the sorta stuff you'd bring to a festival is probably gona be over the airline luggage allowance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Sorted.

I wouldn't sleep in a surivival bag unless you're outside... even outside the condensation etc will soak your sleeping bag regardless of the rain.

Advertisement