Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stamp Duty on Sites

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

A site is not classified as 'residential' in nature. The same rates of duty apply for all:

First 10k exempt
    10k-20k = 1% Aggregate total
    20k-30k = 2% of aggregate
    30k-40k = 3% of aggregate
    40k-70k = 4% of aggregate
    70k-80k = 5% of aggregate
    Over 80k = 6% of aggregate

When calculating the price of the site- recent commercial court rulings generalise that land and site values have lost ~80-85% of their peak values (this varies greatly depending on location and whether the sites are serviced etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

smccarrick wrote: »
    When calculating the price of the site- recent commercial court rulings generalise that land and site values have lost ~80-85% of their peak values (this varies greatly depending on location and whether the sites are serviced etc.)
    Indeed, there was one site last week considered to have lost 96% of its value (€15,000,000 to €600,000). However, I imagine such drops are restricted to prime development sites and not one off housing sites, although I imagine drops of 50-60% are common. It might be useful to check various estates agents for local prices.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Victor wrote: »
    Indeed, there was one site last week considered to have lost 96% of its value (€15,000,000 to €600,000). However, I imagine such drops are restricted to prime development sites and not one off housing sites, although I imagine drops of 50-60% are common. It might be useful to check various estates agents for local prices.

It makes you angry when the world and his dog knows this- yet the Minister for Finance is determined that NAMA is to only pay a 50% discount.........

Advertisement