Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Editing or Converting Digital Camera's .MOV files

Options
  • 20-02-2010 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My camera stores all recorded videos as .MOV files. All I want to do is edit some videos cutting off the beginning and end, using Windows Vista.

.MOV files cannot be edited in Windows MovieMaker. They can be imported but there is no sound. I've tried some free converters (to avi, mpeg or wmv) and either there were significant losses of quality, sync issues between sound and video, or nothing at all in some cases.

Anyone got a reliable converter for .MOV to a typical Windows format (.avi, .wmv. mpeg, etc anything that works for MovieMaker) or even better an easy to use movie editor for .MOV files.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I beleive you can do it with VLC media player in command line mode. See
    their forum
    I haven't tried it myself though.

Advertisement