Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to donate stuff to charity?

Options
  • 20-02-2010 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

I have some top quality toys and books I want to give to a chartity shop. I dumped a load of rubbish but held onto some lovely books and toys that my kids have outgrown. What is the procedure? Do I just walk into a charity shop with the stuff or is there a drop-off depot for any of the charity shops in Galway.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

There is a Simon Shop on Sea Rd and a SVP Shop on Merchants Rd, just drop it into them thats all.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭unJustMary

VdP have a drop off bin in Oznam House in Augustine St. It's inside the front door, so you have to go when they're open (working hours plus about 7-9 in the evenings and Saturday daytimes).

One more thing: please don't leave stuff outside VdP in bin bags. All that happens is that other folks walking past grab the bag, and go thru it a bit further up the street, take what they want and leave the rest strewn about the place. Your stuff gets ruined. The streets are untidy, and the council has to clean it up. Total waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

Yeah, you just pop into one of their shops. I've heard however, they're not too keen on toys because they were getting so many (that was in the past mind), so if they don't accept them I think the Childrens ward in the hospital will:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭AutumnComission

Hiya.
    Du mind me askin what age ranges the books and toys would be for? I am setting up a childminding service in my home and if they are suitable for younger children and you wouldn't mind, I could take some of them off your hands if you still have them?? Just a thought! Im in Galway too. . Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Hiya.
    Du mind me askin what age ranges the books and toys would be for? I am setting up a childminding service in my home and if they are suitable for younger children and you wouldn't mind, I could take some of them off your hands if you still have them?? Just a thought! Im in Galway too. . Thanks!

Too late. I gave them to a charity shop last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭leex

ErnieBert wrote: »
    Too late. I gave them to a charity shop last week.

Could you tell me what shop takes them? We may have a donation to make also. Thanks.

Advertisement