Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Summerfest 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

i wont hold my breath, hasnt been any good for a while

there is an over-focus on the family market for the concerts and also there are some concerts that are now going to Thomond Park in Limerick - another missed oppurtunity

The latest is that the festival will coincide with the 3 Irish Open, which is taking place over the August bank holiday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

dmeehan wrote: »
    The latest is that the festival will coincide with the 3 Irish Open, which is taking place over the August bank holiday

Heard this as well (must be talking to some of the same people:p)
    There wasn't any talk of a big concert, but the people I was talking to said that there would be music and stuff on the streets. More details will probably emerge soon enough. Sensible scheduling and should attract a big crowd to town.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,142 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

there would be music and stuff on the streets.

whip de fecking do

cant wait for that, town should be thronged with people wanting to see jugglers and fire-breathers etc. :rolleyes:

Note: sarcasm overload (in case you didnt notice)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

dmeehan wrote: »
    whip de fecking do

cant wait for that, town should be thronged with people wanting to see jugglers and fire-breathers etc. :rolleyes:

Note: sarcasm overload (in case you didnt notice)

I'm honestly failing to see how they can maintain the name "Summerfest".

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Liveit

well at least their website looks nice..kinda..... The acts are a disaster really though

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭crazzzzy

what??? Have you not seen the Hothouse flowers live? they are brilliant & Josh Ritter is suppose to be good aswel but havn't heard any of his stuff.

Give me the two of them over some fading pop act anyday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Liveit

I was going to see them in ballybunion but decided not to go... that says a story really haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Its a shame theres no band playing an outdoor or street gig.. its gives more a buzz than everything on out in the INEC

• Advertisement

The finishing touches are being put in place now. I sure do hope that the weather improves for the week-end though.

Its a shame theres no band playing an outdoor or street gig.. its gives more a buzz than everything on out in the INEC

Yeah I agree, even if the outdoor speakers that are around Main Street and the Market Cross were utilised more often with something lively. As it stands right now, it is pointless having them up at all!

Advertisement