Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropping out now and paying half the fees next year?

• 20-02-2010 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

If i was to drop out right now would i have to pay full fees for the first year of a new course in september or just half?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭entropic

You would have to pay for full fee's since you registered for your first year of education. Even if you dropped out in week one you have to pay full costs for repeat years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

entropic wrote: »
    You would have to pay for full fee's since you registered for your first year of education. Even if you dropped out in week one you have to pay full costs for repeat years.

Are you sure about that? I thought there was a period up to when you could drop out without having to pay full fees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭entropic

bazkennedy wrote: »
    Are you sure about that? I thought there was a period up to when you could drop out without having to pay full fees

There might be but I dropped out in week six of the first semester and had to pay full fees for the next year. Maybe I shouldn't have said week 1 without double checking it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

entropic wrote: »
    There might be but I dropped out in week six of the first semester and had to pay full fees for the next year. Maybe I shouldn't have said week 1 without double checking it.

hi I dropped out in December and they said im only eligible for half the fees next year because it was still only the first semester, also if you drop out at a certain date during septemeber you are not eligible for any fees the next year only the registration, as for the op you have to pay full fees in september i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭cson

There's a time limit for dropping out so that you don't have to pay fees next year (which in any case is looking increasingly likely either way). I think it's the middle of October. Other than that you pay.

To put it simply; you get 4 free years in College.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Ms. Education

eoins23456 wrote: »
    If i was to drop out right now would i have to pay full fees for the first year of a new course in september or just half?

Hi Eoin. I'm Aoife, the Education Officer in the SU. You'll have to pay a full years' fees. The deadline for paying only a half years' fees was Jan 31st. If you want to call into the SU, I can talk you through some of your options.

Advertisement