Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Ulcerative Colitis is crippling me

Options
  • 20-02-2010 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭

Today it was awful. There was no pain in the morning but around lunchtime I started having a dreadful pain in my colon. It's now 19:51 and it hasn't really gone away. I can feel my blood pumping around my gut and I feel exhausted. my gut feels like it's just been stamped on repeatedly. I very nearly called emergency services while sitting in agony in a public toilet for around half an hour.

I moved to the UK last August (York) but have been living in Leicester now for 4 weeks. As such, I don't realy know anybody and feel alone. Right now, I feel like crying. Ironically, I do my PhD research in the Leicester Royal Informary hospital. So, if things ever get too bad during the day I'm never far from helping hands.

I know that many of you will relate to this.

Kevin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

Kevster wrote: »
    Today it was awful. There was no pain in the morning but around lunchtime I started having a dreadful pain in my colon. It's now 19:51 and it hasn't really gone away. I can feel my blood pumping around my gut and I feel exhausted. my gut feels like it's just been stamped on repeatedly. I very nearly called emergency services while sitting in agony in a public toilet for around half an hour.

I moved to the UK last August (York) but have been living in Leicester now for 4 weeks. As such, I don't realy know anybody and feel alone. Right now, I feel like crying. Ironically, I do my PhD research in the Leicester Royal Informary hospital. So, if things ever get too bad during the day I'm never far from helping hands.

I know that many of you will relate to this.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I don't really know much about this I'm afraid, as I don't suffer from it, but as someone who is in constant pain lately with a chronic fissure and who has been in tears the last week on numerous occasions with the pain, I feel like I can kind of identify with you.

Do you have a doctor over there or someone you have been seeing in relation to this? I find it really helpful if you have a doctor you can trust - in my case although I'm not finding any remedies helpful whatsoever and feel like I'm at a dead end, having a consultant who is extremely sympathetic and competent really helps me sometimes.

I really feel for you - being in pain all the time and finding no help or remedy can be a desperately exhausting and lonely feeling, especially if it's an embarrassing problem that you can't easily discuss.

I hope your pain eases off this evening. Feel free to pm me if you ever need to just vent. I'm very sorry to hear that you're so miserable sorry I can't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

Oh no, poor you. I don't suffer from UC but know a little about it and how dreadfull the pain can be. IS there a colorectal nurse in the hospital that you mentioned. If so maybe you can get to see her and she could offer some advise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Hey,

Thanks for the replies. The pain vanished after a good night's sleep and today there's been no pain at all. That's the nature of this condition. Some of us just aren't blessed with good genes, I guess..

Kevin

Advertisement