Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electric Mandolin?

• 20-02-2010 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

howdee,

I'm thinking of plumping for a fender fm62se semi acoustic/electro mando, but at around €600 it's not a decision I am making lightly.
    I've tried it a few times, like it, but haven't much to compare it to at the moment.....
    would I be better getting a half decent acoustic one and getting a pickup put in it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭BSOM

seachto7 wrote: »
    howdee,

I'm thinking of plumping for a fender fm62se semi acoustic/electro mando, but at around €600 it's not a decision I am making lightly.
    I've tried it a few times, like it, but haven't much to compare it to at the moment.....
    would I be better getting a half decent acoustic one and getting a pickup put in it?

McBrides do one and so do Epiphone. Checkout Localmusic.ie for all the details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I have played the mcbrides, nice as well..

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Organeer

I tried an electric mandolin in jimis. Can't remember the make though.

i suppose i could get a half decent acoustic one and fit it with a fishman...

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Organeer

Probably not worth the bother & it may be difficult to sell it later on.

• Advertisement

think ill go for the electric one for now, and aim to get a nice acoustic one eventually

Advertisement