Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairdressing Student?

Options
  • 20-02-2010 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hey everybody Im looking to cut off all my long hair (past shoulders) but in doing so I wana play around with it a bit, so I was looking to find a hairdressing student that would do something like a different cut every week (for free of course, they're only learning, and Id be giving them my head to practise on)

If anybody knows of where to look or has some contacts please forward them on, thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I could be wrong, but I'm not sure whether what you're looking for exists. However, have a wander around the salons that are convenient to you (centre of town the best bet obviously) and keep an eye out for "models wanted" signs in the window. As far as I know, the way this system works is: practicals are carried out on said "models" (suitable volunteers) in the salon after hours (e.g. a Monday evening at 8pm).

Otherwise, some salons have hairdressing schools (e.g. Jeff Devine) where you won't get the work done for free, but you'll get it at a significantly reduced rate. There are stand-alone hairdressing colleges too, not aligned with any particular salon, like Cork Academy of Hairdressing - see if that could accommodate you. And also, St John's College runs a hairdressing course - maybe it requires models for its students.

Give Peter Mark a shout too - a huge chain like that might be able to facilitate you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

That place blades down the side of the courthouse had a sign up about free haircuts during the week i.e getting the new people to train. So you might check them out if you want to!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Careful! I had hair so long I could genuinely sit on it. When I eventually got bored I went to the hairdressers and said "do what you want". She almost had an orgasm!! Took a razor to the back of my head and all. :( Benn trying to grow it since.... :(

Advertisement