Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to stop promo text messages

• 20-02-2010 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

I kind of remember hearing about a special number that you could text "stop" to that would cancel all promo messages that you signed up for, but I can't remember what it is!
    I was in college and obviously signed up for everything being a poor student, but have since dropped out! Now everyday I get texts about 2 for 1 pizza deals and drinks promos!! Its pissin me off! When I try to reply "stop" the phone asks me to enter a number, I doesn't have a number that these messages are comming form!

Anyone know the magic stop number??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

They are coming from "Dinn Ri" and "The Temple"....both are pubs and clubs in Carlow where I was in college.
    When i press reply, type stop and press send it ask for the number to send it to!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Yeah thats fair enough I know I signed u to the things it just gets annoying at times!! Thanks for your help!

Advertisement