Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orange lights over Dungloe/Burtonport

Options
  • 20-02-2010 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this?
    I was driving from Dungloe to Burtonport using the coast road about 8.30 today (20th Feb) and seen 4 bright orange lights over Dungloe bay flying low and looked to be going in the direction of Arranmore. Could tell they weren't planes as flying too low and too slow, thought they might be helicopters but why 4 of them? One seemed to get very faint and only three were very visible the whole time.
    As I was pulling over a lane to my house and turned back to look after I stopped the car they had disappeared (maybe cloud cover but unlikely, maybe dropped to a lower altitude or something).
    Curious to see if anyone else in the area seen this or knows what sort of situation would explain it? (I thought search and rescue, but am very familiar with families in the area and would have heard).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭GSF

possibly flares launched from a boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

Half overheard an item on one of the national radio stations on Friday (posssibly Joe Duffy) about people reporting 4 helicopters flying in formation in various locations - during daylight. They were saying it was strange as the helicopters were white but the army or gardai don't own white helicopters.

Maybe they paid Donegal a visit.

Advertisement