Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downloading SFIV (Officially via payment)

Options
  • 20-02-2010 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭

Ok so I'm thinking of purchasing this game via download as opposed to physically. I know on Steam it's 37.99 euro, on ebay to buy a physical PC copy it's 30 or so, and I just checked GAME.co.uk and it's 14.99 sterling? I'm kind of confused

Recently my xbox died so I sold on my copy of SFIV for xbox, as my brother got a PS3 recently I picked up a secondhand copy of SFIV on PS3 for 20 quid. After a week of PSN and not getting to play much I decided to sell that on too and just go with the PC as a final decision of platform. My PC runs the game fine on low-mid settings, but it's playable. (I have some upgrades lined up so no need to worry bout that)

Anyway, why is it cheaper on GAME? Is it not illegal or bad practice for them to be selling it via download cheaper than Steam? I'm using a 3V card to make online purchases, and basically the way it works is that you have to round up as 3V vouchers can be only be bought in increases of ten euro, starting at 20. So if something was 35 I'd need to get 40 etc.

Just the fact that its cheaper is tempting to me but will it be the same thing? I don't want to go and buy the 3V then find out it's actually more than 15 quid! I'd be royally ****ed then so any info is greatly appreciated

Here's a link

http://game.gamesplanet.com/produit.html?product_id=1403&category_id=13

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I got SFIV for 20 euro from play.com

Steam prices are generally the most expensive. Remember this isnt a steam game, you don't need steam to buy it. Its just offered up on steam. Theres nothing to be confused about.

You want it really cheap? Order from play and wait 2+ weeks.

You want it moderately priced? Try a shop if you can find one still selling SFIV PC.

You want it instantly but at the highest price? Steam.

SFIV PC uses windows live so it'll pretty much be just like playing the 360 version on your pc.

40 euro for the pc version of SF4 at this stage is very expensive. Most shops had it at 30 - 35 on release. Its a pity you missed the 10 euro steam sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah, unless it goes on sale again on Steam I'd just buy it somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

i got it from g2play for 12 euro

works fine, actually have a spare key as i somehow bought 2 copies ;)

Advertisement