Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackout in Glasnevin

Options
  • 20-02-2010 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭

Anybody else effected by that terrifying 40 minutes in the dark ages? (back on now obviously! :D)

Everywhere along Ballygall Road East and Griffith Avenue Ext was off, the canldes were out and old people suddenly became relevant again with their stories of the old days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,043 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Same down the hill at botanic ave! Lots of helicopters going over as well - a conpiracy is born! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

It's snowing now too! IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!

Anyway hopefully it stays on, I wonder why it went off...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

robby^5 wrote: »
    and old people suddenly became relevant again
    LOL :)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DecentBee

robby^5 wrote: »
    It's snowing now too!

Feck, you're not wrong! Don't know whether it's funny or sad that I found out it was snowing outside by reading it on a forum :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

Pay your bill on time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

DecentBee wrote: »
    Feck, you're not wrong! Don't know whether it's funny or sad that I found out it was snowing outside by reading it on a forum :confused:

Depends. Are your curtains open or closed?:eek:

Edit to be on topic: We had the same about two weeks ago. Not sure for how long as I was that evening at a friends house. But back home it lasted another 20 minutes. Somehow I liked it, even though it was a bit frightening walking down the streets..

Advertisement