Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on mountain climbing

Options
  • 20-02-2010 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi,

My boyfriend and I are planning to climb or attempt to climb a mountain somewhere in Cork tomorow. We're living in the city and can't travel more than an hour and a half drives away.
    I would just like to know

(1) What would be the best mountain to climb?
    (2) How would you get there?
    (3) Would there be somewhere to park a car nearby?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Well, how about Galteemore or Galtee Beag? Its easy enough to climb though there is a bit of a walk to get to it, and its a little bit mucky so bring boots.

You drive out towards Mitchelstown from Cork city, and there is a signpost for Galteemore...few turnoffs after that. By the way, that's into Mallow, then take the road to Michelstown. There is plenty of space to leave your car when you get to the end of the boreen. I'm sorry for being vague with the directions cause I haven't been out there since last year, but it's not difficult to find once you head for Mitchelstown.

Galtee Beag is a smaller mountain beside Galteemore.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭cork2

lol galtee beag is a warm up for galtee mor :) if its were first time just be careful.

Advertisement