Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E52 Issue

Options
  • 20-02-2010 11:53pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys,

My dad has a Nokia E52 on Vodafone Billpay.
    Everytime he picks it up either out of his pocket or off the counter it will have the "choose a connection point" messege on the screen, and its asking him to choose between WLAN / Live / NTL73 (the house router).

Is there any programs as standard on the phone trying to puch stuff through to the phone or anything like that?

Is there a menu i can look at see if theres a push on or similar switch?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Its probably email. Just go through the settings, and remove the auto sync setup

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Davy wrote: »
    Its probably email. Just go through the settings, and remove the auto sync setup

thanks, will try that today. he does have his vodafone email set up on it so this may well be the cause.

on another note, any idea how to set up the text messege allert when he receives an email?

he usues vodafone email and is on vodafone billpay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bokaty

There's a great app in the ovi store that you can download on the E52 called 'Smart Connect'.

Basically it lets you use all your access points in order of preference.

So you might set up your work wifi first, home wifi second and mobile internet third.

Should sort out having to choose your access point anyhow..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 revie

kceire wrote: »
    Guys,

My dad has a Nokia E52 on Vodafone Billpay.
    Everytime he picks it up either out of his pocket or off the counter it will have the "choose a connection point" messege on the screen, and its asking him to choose between WLAN / Live / NTL73 (the house router).

Is there any programs as standard on the phone trying to puch stuff through to the phone or anything like that?

Is there a menu i can look at see if theres a push on or similar switch?

Thanks.

my e52 is doing this also every now and again, did you get it resolved?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

revie wrote: »
    my e52 is doing this also every now and again, did you get it resolved?

Check that email is not trying to sync

• Advertisement
Advertisement