Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FXpansion Synth Squad

Options
  • 21-02-2010 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried this yet ?

I've always found stuff like Reason and Logic a bit ball-less and dinky for synths.

Grand for chucking down a few ideas or secondary parts but fairly nondescript overall.

I'm just mucking about with Synth Squad and it appears, on first look, to be a monster.

Any opinons ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

Vaguely recall - I think - Damaged Trax saying that he was looking forward to it / them.

Deadmau5 is the poster boy for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

yup. i got given an NFR to review for a site and they get loads of work here. amazing sound.

ive just used amber for synthetic strings with a band im working with.

very good price too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

I loved those old string machines ok.

The Mono synth is a brute too.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭hubiedubie

The Synth Squad synths are definitely amongst the biggest sounding softsynths around. Strobe is particularly impressive - sounds massive without any effects.

I think Omnisphere may have a good few string machines sampled if you're into that.

Also Spectrasonics Trilian is great for immaculately sampled analog gear: Metasonix, ARP 2600, DSI Tetra, Moog etc). Sounds huge aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

hubiedubie wrote: »
    The Synth Squad synths are definitely amongst the biggest sounding softsynths around. Strobe is particularly impressive - sounds massive without any effects.

I think Omnisphere may have a good few string machines sampled if you're into that.

Also Spectrasonics Trilian is great for immaculately sampled analog gear: Metasonix, ARP 2600, DSI Tetra, Moog etc). Sounds huge aswell.

Interesting , thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement