Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perlico 1mb Broadband connection problems - anyone else experiencing this?

Options
  • 21-02-2010 2:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi - I'm just wondering is anyone else experiencing the same problems as me! I have 1mb broadband with perlico and I cannot connect to 99% of the sites I try to browse to. I have no problems connecting to this site, Gmail or Google but connecting to any search sites is a problem.
    I have contacted Perlico twice now and they say they can’t see any problems - which is frustrating!!!:mad:
    This problem has been going on and off for about 2 months now but the connection is getting worse.
    I'm able to ping my wireless router (netgear) with no package loss and all lights on the router are green. I've rebooted the router. I even bought a new splitter as I have a phone line with perlico too.
    I connected the router directly to the wall and used a cat5 cable to connect to the laptop and i’m still get the same results. So that has ruled out splitter being the problem!

I managed to connect to www.irishisptest.com eventually and these are the results I got below!
    (I couldn’t connect to the 2 http://www.pingtest.net/ or http://www.speedtest.net/ to run further tests!:mad:)

Can anyone explain to me Jitter? I understand its too high but that is about it.
    Is there anything I can do on my side to get better connection?

Jitter: you --> server: 157.6 ms
    Jitter: server --> you: off
    Packet loss: you --> server: 0.0 %
    Packet loss: server --> you: off
    Packet discards: 0.6 %
    Packets out of order: 0.0 %
    Estimated MOS score: 3.6
    Speed test statistics

Download speed: 854360 bps
    Upload speed: 110856 bps
    Quality of service: 98 %
    Download test type: socket
    Upload test type: socket
    Maximum TCP delay: 56 ms
    Average download pause: 32 ms
    Minimum round trip time to server: 30 ms
    Average round trip time to server: 35 ms
    Estimated download bandwidth: 1040000bps
    Route concurrency: 1.2172854
    Download TCP forced idle: 0 %
    Maximum route speed: 17476000bps

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

Interesting im having perlico problems too-used both the default zyxel modem and old eircom netopia model. Vodafone are in the gutter at the moment :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

all morning I have not been able to connect to vast majority of websites.

Google, obviously boards and just a couple of others are working. But nearly everything else is failing.

I am BT/Vodafone and although I have had lagging and download issues with them for well over a month these all appear to have been fixed.

Now this though. Today is the 1st time I have noticed this particular issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Well well doesn't this sound familiar...

Read through these two threads and see what you make of it guys. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055630670&highlight=perlico

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055631429&highlight=perlico

The symptom of the problem that is detailed in the first thread in particular and the second one too is: not being able to access any websites hosted outside of Ireland in general (except for Akamai decentralised web servers which are scattered around the world. E.g. any google website will work as it's sort-of hosted in Ireland.)

E.g. try accessing www.digg.com or www.realclearpolitics.com or en.wikipedia.org. If they're not working but the likes of www.intel.com or www.microsoft.com is working, it's that fault with perlico.

The only thing that sometimes worked for that is to turn off your router and switch it back on in essence, to restart the router.

I shall check this evening to see if there are issues with a perlico connection and will report back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭ludwit

800,000b/s on a 1MB line is a very good speed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 assumpta77

Hi, today things have improved - I can now connect to all websites. yesterday I couldnt connect to most sites again. As I wasnt on line for long I didnt see to_be_confirmed post to confirm the connections to the sites. This is my problem my broadband is down more times than its up! I hope this changes as I'm trying to do a course online!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 davem75

Thanks for the info. I have the same problem. As last night turned on the wireless Perlico Router and now not working.

Will be getting onto Perlico today as I thought it was something on my laptop had changed.

I can get to the router but can't get onto the Internet as Google is my homepage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 assumpta77

HI Davem75 - Hope you got it working again. I have a netgear wireless router and I had to reset everything again and change my encapsulation and it worked - touch wood its been working since! No thanks to perlico though - they were pointing the finger to eircom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Sounds like a DNS issue

• Registered Users Posts: 21 davem75

Still have problems with Perlico.

The Technical desk advised us that Eircom had an amplification problem on the line which was fixed we have been told. That was on the 12th May.

But still unable to connect to the internet. I would think its a DNS error aswell. But Perlico have not been able to provide a solution.

At this stage I think I'm going to move over to Eircom and this new package (NGB) and see what that is like. But first I want Perlico to refund my bill for the period I'm without the internet.

My advice to people stay away from Perlico as if you have a problem they can't fix it.

End of rant for now. But will let you know how I get on.

Advertisement