Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attempted Break Ins

• 21-02-2010 2:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭

Just letting people know, there have been at least 2 attempted break ins in the Carraig An Aird estate on the 6 cross roads in the last week

A crow bar was used to try to gain entry to the back door in each case

The Gardai were called on both occasions when the burglars were seen in the back garden on each occasion and they fled upon realising they had been spotted

no descriptions that i know of except they are male, and more then likely 2 but could be 3 of them

Anyone in the area should be extra vigilant in ensuring they lock up properly and keep an eye out

the two attempts i know of happened on the front row of houses where the would be burglars jumped over the back walls

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

kryogen wrote: »
    Just letting people know, there have been at least 2 attempted break ins in the Carraig An Aird estate on the 6 cross roads in the last week

A crow bar was used to try to gain entry to the back door in each case

The Gardai were called on both occasions when the burglars were seen in the back garden on each occasion and they fled upon realising they had been spotted

no descriptions that i know of except they are male, and more then likely 2 but could be 3 of them

Anyone in the area should be extra vigilant in ensuring they lock up properly and keep an eye out

the two attempts i know of happened on the front row of houses where the would be burglars jumped over the back walls

Had the car broken into in Meadowbank recently. Neighbour called the gardai, caught the two of them in the car, they were too stupid to know how to get the lock up and after spending ages trying to bend back the door with a crappy pliers they decided to smash the glass, then they hadn't the smarts to even hot wire it. Made a right mess. Few nights later "Rats Out" gets sprayed across the Meadowbank sign on the wall, a while after that "Rat" sprayed on the stop sign. Guard came out to take a statement recently, I have no idea why because first thing I knew about it was when the guards banged on my door that night but anyways she said there's more than likely nothing going to happen to them. She was telling us about a case where a girl was up in court that they arrested and she was given a custodial sentence but by the time the guards came back to the station they were told she had been released again.
    Have been hearing that lately all around Ballybeg and Meadowbank theres a group of young lads running riot altogether and causing problems. It's no wonder when they know there isn't a thing the guards can do to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

its a nightmare for people such as myself who have a young baby in the house! nightmare for everyone obvs but i can tell you its some extra headache when you have a young child

Advertisement