Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish trad song

Options
  • 21-02-2010 4:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

>snip soory for psting as it abviosly wasn meant for boards :P >

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

uncle nobbies steamboat. Some song. Black velvet band, 7 drunken nights, monto. Etc

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Moved from AHs, you should get all the song titles you need right here,OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

Moved from AHs, you should get all the song titles you need right here,OP.

No thanks man. Im not going to hide the fact that im wasted right now but ive an ive a bunch of my college mates asking me what us Irish songs I listen to right now and i cant hide the the fact i dont really know much trad music

i just gave ya songs lol. Anything by luke kelly really. You will be surprised at how many ya know. Stick on some eire og for the laugh'v

seanybiker wrote: »
    i just gave ya songs lol. Anything by luke kelly really. You will be surprised at how many ya know. Stick on some eire og for the laugh'v

Ive already played the songs you have recommended and they alreay know that **** so what strange music would you put on to show the Irish spirit to a Foreigner?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Ronan Keating

The Thrills - What Happened to Corey Haim.

BellX1 - The Great Defector.

Ive already played the songs you have recommended and they alreay know that **** so what strange music would you put on to show the Irish spirit to a Foreigner?

kinda out there but if you can find jynx lennon they might like him. He has a great one called "stop giving out about nigerians" its class. Then you gave the obvious thin lizzy. Not trad but ya know yourself. Christy moore. Stick on pat short the breakfast roll for a giggle.

Ive already played the songs you have recommended and they alreay know that **** .

Is that your way of saying you really aren't arsed with the answers you get to the question you asked?

kinda out there but if you can find jynx lennon they might like him. He has a great one called "stop giving out about nigerians" its class. Then you gave the obvious thin lizzy. Not trad but ya know yourself. Christy moore. Stick on pat short the breakfast roll for a giggle.

i tried to explain the breakfast roll to them but they did not understand. And trust me Patt short is not as popular aborad as we think :p

• Advertisement

Christy Hennessy - Messenger Boy.

This song always delights the incoming. "I'm a messenger boy bringing my love to you" dee dee dee da da dee dee dee da da "Well I took my shovel and I went to work 'cos I'ma messenger boy bringin..."

Is that your way of saying you really aren't arsed with the answers you get to the question you asked?

haha no man i really want an Irish persons opinion of what they would play to a person to show the Irish culture through song

The Priests debut album.

ah what ya need is the sick note, paddy and the barrel, that should do it for you.

The Ballad of Ronnie Drew.

Any of the stuff by that dose Dempsey - First name Damien

The Ballad of Ronnie Drew.

Any of the stuff by that dose Dempsey - First name Damien

Thanks man. But the thing is Damien is really not for these people. I want to keep em in an up tempo mood and In my personal opinion he doesnt do it.

where are they from? It might be easier to think of something then. Sorry Im not much help.

where are they from? It might be easier to think of something then. Sorry Im not much help.

no man thanks for helping. They are from Austria ans Venuzuela.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Flannaghan's Ball always goes down well!

ha perfect. That got em crazy ;)

• Advertisement

a fecking american band got em crazy. Tut tut. Follow me upto boston is good

Advertisement