Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SEI grant for roof insulation

• 21-02-2010 12:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭

I am building an extension to a house and we will be insulating the new roof. The client wants to put extra insulation in the attic of the existing house as well. They want to apply for a grant to do this. It is my understanding that you cannot get a grant for insulating a new extension. But I am not sure about getting a grant for insualting the existing house. Anyone know or can shed some light?

I have looked at the SEI web site but find it too confusing and not very easy to find info.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

They can get a grant for insulating the existing house but it is only €250 for roof insulation.

The total grant amount has to be at least €500 so they have to combine it with another grant, e.g. wall insulation, replacement of boiler & heating controls, etc.
    The grant amounts are on this page

As the contractor, you also have to be registered with SEI for grant approval. See here and you will have to comply with their Code of practice/guidelines.

The clients can apply for the grant online and get immediate approval but you will need to be registered before they can do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

+1 to Jimbo's post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Thanks for that guys.

Advertisement