Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What pubs in portarlington showng soccer games

Options
  • 21-02-2010 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

As the title say's?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Obvious answer to a very open and non specific question like that is the majority of them....

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer...

what were you expecting? :confused: :rolleyes:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

Some matches are on ESPN, some on Setanta Ireland and some on Sky Sports, I know from where I live some pubs do not have all those channels as the cost to a pub for subscription is far greater than residential so to be honest it is a valid question. Original poster be more specific and as for the people that answered, if you were not willing to help then why post?

How can anyone help a very vague question?! Need specifics to help!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

sydthebeat wrote: »
    ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer...

what were you expecting? :confused: :rolleyes:
    I'm not from port,never been to any of the pubs here,so was asking people which pubs show soccer games,whats stupid about that.That other user does nothing but reply to people as if there stupid.:mad:How can i be more specific.I used to live in kildare and know alot of the pubs got rid of showing games because of the expense.I wanted to go and watch a match yesterday because i don't have skysports and didn't want to walk round every pub looking for one that was.

• Advertisement

I replied in a way that highlighted your question wasn't specific, if you feel that somehow I'm making you look stupid thats your opinion and not my fault/problem!

You could have been more specific by saying what specific game you were looking to go see, or more so what station you were looking for! Can you not see that!?

Majority of pubs in town carry Sky Sports and Setanta, its ESPN that most of them don't have!

kmart6 wrote: »
    I replied in a way that highlighted your question wasn't specific, if you feel that somehow I'm making you look stupid thats your opinion and not my fault/problem!

You could have been more specific by saying what specific game you were looking to go see, or more so what station you were looking for! Can you not see that!?

Majority of pubs in town carry Sky Sports and Setanta, its ESPN that most of them don't have!
    I asked what pubs show soccer matches,it didn't matter which one,all you had to say was most of them do,or you could of recommended one,simple not reply in the way you did.

Well it did matter actually considering you said you didn't want to be walking around town, and considering that none of the matches were on more than one channel it mattered!

kmart6 wrote: »
    Well it did matter actually considering you said you didn't want to be walking around town, and considering that none of the matches were on more than one channel it mattered!
    I asked what pubs show matches,
    I was hoping for someone to give me the names of a few so i could go to one.Nothing hard about that.By your replies i'd say you don't know of any because your still in school.

:rolleyes:

.....and with that pathetic attempt it's time to leave and not stoop to such a pityful and embarrassing level!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 chevy

As the title say's?

Obvious ones showing matches are The Anvil on Main street. The Barrow lodge in french church street and The Pint of Port across from the hotel.

I wouldn't mind Kmart i have yet to read anything from him that is not condesending.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

i cant think of one pub in the town that doesnt show matches.....

probably Toms bar, other than that....?!?!?!?

chevy wrote: »
    Obvious ones showing matches are The Anvil on Main street. The Barrow lodge in french church street and The Pint of Port across from the hotel.

I wouldn't mind Kmart i have yet to read anything from him that is not condesending.
    Thanks for the simple answer at least someone can be grown up about answering.:)

Advertisement