Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So many viewers....

Options
  • 21-02-2010 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭

so few posters..what's the matter, scared of being judged?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Ciaran187

I can only speak for myself here but i generally don't find many of the topics are something I would generally discuss. Tbh, a lot of them are fairly depressing. I'm not an alcoholic but choose not to drink so a lot of these threads aren't for me. I'm in no place to give advice on these topics so I just don't post but I AM interested in some of the responses.

It might be worthwhile getting a sub forum for issues of alcoholism and turn this one into sober Ireland. A general discussion group for events etc without drink (such as the sober surfing thread.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Elenxor

Ciaran187 wrote: »
    I can only speak for myself here but i generally don't find many of the topics are something I would generally discuss. Tbh, a lot of them are fairly depressing. I'm not an alcoholic but choose not to drink so a lot of these threads aren't for me. I'm in no place to give advice on these topics so I just don't post but I AM interested in some of the responses.

It might be worthwhile getting a sub forum for issues of alcoholism and turn this one into sober Ireland. A general discussion group for events etc without drink (such as the sober surfing thread.)

I understand where you are coming from..I made a similiar suggestion in response to the thread Are you an Alchoholic, sadly..there were no takers.

Good luck to you and all in Sober Surfing..an excellent idea!.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭force majeure

I lay the fault on my dippy Internet connection, which because eircom have not bothered to upgrade the network near me, leaves me at the mercy off those dongle yokes [currently using an 02]
    ....... ooo yea I'm nervy as a kitty too...:cool:

• Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Personally, I'm in the non-drinking mode for a while and then I won't be. Maybe because I'm not a non-drinker 100% of the time, a few of the topics that come up in threads here don't give me much reason to post in them.

What do you drink on a night out? Threads about enduring/being annoyed by drunken people are just some off the top of my head.

I'd be more interested in threads about social things that don't involve drinking or pubs.

I'll try and think of some more examples.

If you can read this, you're too close!

Advertisement