Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish vets XC in sligo

• 21-02-2010 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi - a few I know were doing the Irish vets XC somewhere in Sligo yesterday

I was wondering doe anyone know of somewhere online I could access these results?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭meathcountysec

Its on today in Lough Key Forest Park. Results would normally appear on athleticsireland.ie in the fullness of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 tommygunn

Ah, thanks.

Thought it was yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭runnerboy

great race today in the vets men. peter matthews won easy from pauric mckinney with john downes having a blinder in third, 0/35 winner doherty 4th from 5th mick traynor 6th was o'connor from dsd 7th morwood, byrne 8th roberts 9th and byrne from wicklow 10th. great field for the vets some class athletes there.
    annette kealy won the vets from pauline curley.
    brendan o'neill won the intermediate from clonliffe athlete and rory chesser was third(didnt think he was eligible i think he won national snr chase) evans from gowran 4th.
    some dsd girl anilhated the field in the inter womens.
    course very short loads of athletes got lapped very early, good underfoot 1/3 uphill 1/3 downhill and 1/3 on the flat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 tommygunn

Sounded good. We won the womens, vets presumably, team prize. A few strong runners in there but talkin last week sounded like the top individuals too strong.

We'd a strong O50s mens team. Don't see any mention of that though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭bo-sco

runnerboy wrote: »
    great race today in the vets men. peter matthews won easy from pauric mckinney with john downes having a blinder in third, 0/35 winner doherty 4th from 5th mick traynor 6th was o'connor from dsd 7th morwood, byrne 8th roberts 9th and byrne from wicklow 10th. great field for the vets some class athletes there.
    annette kealy won the vets from pauline curley.
    brendan o'neill won the intermediate from clonliffe athlete and rory chesser was third(didnt think he was eligible i think he won national snr chase) evans from gowran 4th.
    some dsd girl anilhated the field in the inter womens.
    course very short loads of athletes got lapped very early, good underfoot 1/3 uphill 1/3 downhill and 1/3 on the flat.

Course length was a joke. The supposed 1500m lap was only 1100m or so. Men's Intermediate race was only 7.5k when it was supposed to be 10k. How can something be gotten so wrong?

Then you had officials at the beginning of each lap calling conflicting numbers of laps remaining. After the first lap two guys were calling 7 laps to go, others calling 6 laps. Same thing happened the next time round except with 6 and 5. Very hard to race when you don't know how long you have to run for! Simply not good enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭longjump67

Think you will find that it was Ciarian Doherty from Letterkenny was 2nd with Pauric Mc Kinney 4th. Letterkenny retain their title from last year, I think that makes it 11 years in a row that teams from Donegal have won the club title: Finn Valley for 9 years and Letterkenny the last 2.

Havent seen the official results yet thought so could be mistaken

Advertisement