Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine Wimax in Sligo town

Options
  • 21-02-2010 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering if anybody has imagine wimax in Sligo town and if so what kind of download speed can i expect,
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I've seen the signs for it in loads of places and the trucks saying it's now in Sligo. I never knew what is was about and I'm still not sure. Would I be right in guessing it's a broadband provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jazyguy

Yeah thats right, promises up to 7mb on their website. If you can get 7mb in Sligo town id change over to them straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭The.Q

jazyguy wrote: »
    Yeah thats right, promises up to 7mb on their website. If you can get 7mb in Sligo town id change over to them straight away.
    I don't have imagine wiimax, in fact I don't even live in Sligo town, but I was told my line can "currently hold 6.14MB in speed", so I'm switching to a 7MB provider and I live in the countryside, a little over a mile from the nearest town as the crow flies.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭proon4

Hi...I got Imagine wiimax installed last week. So far its great..I get nearly 8mb of speed...Its a good price too..phone and broadband for 45 euros a month. you can get it cheaper if you go for slower speed....
    Proon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

proon4 wrote: »
    Hi...I got Imagine wiimax installed last week. So far its great..I get nearly 8mb of speed...Its a good price too..phone and broadband for 45 euros a month. you can get it cheaper if you go for slower speed....
    Proon

How can you get 8mb if the fastest they offer is 7mb? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jazyguy

Anybody else got it yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cailin_bheag

I'm from Wexford and i got it in last month, i only got the broadband and its been running great, didn't have a single problem until i received my bill yesterday......:mad:

I ordered the internal box and they rang me saying they couldnt get a great signal from the location of my house(even tho they never checked my exact area) so would i mind getting the outdoor box placed up on my wall, it looks like an alarm so i had no problems......the had said installation was €50 which was fair enough,which i verbally agreed to, but got my bill and now they're trying to charge me €150(for the outdoor box) on top of the original €50,so they are trying to charge me €230 instead of the oringinal agreed €80 for my first bill! Of course i rang them and told them it was false advertising and the likes and said they won't be getting the €150 from me, their reply, "we'll get back to you!" No wonder they wanted me to get the outdoor box.....

And it's not a once off case, both my sisters and 2 friends all changed over and they've tried to charge them too, bills are due to come out next wk, so i'll let u know if they resolve it!

Great broadband, useless sales and customers service team

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭crazyFeet

ok, i have this 'service' for the last 2-3 months, it's a disaster. Last night it was gone for 3 hours (maybe more, i went to bed bored). My contract states it should b UP to 7mbhttp://speedtest.imagine.ie/ so i did, and it says 9.5 DOWN and 0.4 UP, i went and did a speedtest.net and tested connection on my PS3 and they both show 3 DOWN and 0.4 UP, I dont get it, seen as i can't even play for 5 min on the server it kicks me out, so if my speed is 9.5 why does it perform like a Dileup?

one seriously unhappy customer

p.s forget about streaming youtube or megaupload, you will get old by the time you finish 'watching it'

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭crazyFeet

ok,
    just tested it again and the wimax speed test shows DoWN 1.3mg, UP .4
    the jumps in speed are ridiculous, it stays high for 1 min and then very low for about half an hour, my modem is placed just beside the window and I live near Ulster bank just across from Glasshouse Hotel, Sligo, very centre and its ****

Advertisement