Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭Jofspring

anyone know if limerick hold open trials in the off season, will they allow someone to go training with them, so they can have a look, or like most clubs, just scout their own players? thanks in advance!:D

Usually open trials for the Under 20's and below. Barr that Limerick get the lads in themselves or ask lads if they'd like to come for trials.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,672 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Finn Harps 1 - 1 Limerick

(Clarke)

We went 1 down after 4 minutes, equalised after half an hour and it sounds like (I wasn't at the game) we had more of the possession from then on without really creating much.

We stay in 4th, level with Waterford in 3rd, but they have a game in hand. To get a playoff spot looks less likely each week, as we have to go away to Monaghan and Waterford (2nd and 3rd respectively) in our last seven games. Table here.

Next game - home versus Cork City, Friday Sept 17th.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Still all to play for, in our own hands.

A point away from home after such a long trip is never that bad with 7 games to go (21 points to play for! :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

15 out of those 21 points i think will get us the play off spot

Waterford only managed to draw away to Salthill, which is good news for Limerick - we're only one point behind, rather than the three we'd have expected.

• Advertisement

Limerick 1 - 3 Cork City

(Ryan)

Absolutely nightmarish first fifteen minutes of this game - everything Cork did turned to gold and they were 3 up after 14 minutes. No real way back into the game for Limerick. Bobby Ryan's goal was in injury time.

We are down to 5th as Shelbourne overtake us, and Cork are only a point behind. Table here.

Next game - Away to Waterford, Friday Sept 24th.

Next home game - versus Wexford, Thursday, Oct 7th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Still think we will make the play off, I think we can beat Waterford away, but I would be happy with a point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Summerville lad

Shocking stuff last night only playing one up front and we are goin for the play-offs what is scully doin?. Badly missed paddy at the back he has been brillant all season hopefully we will put a better performance in down in waterford it's a massive match.

Waterford 3 - 0 Limerick

Just like last week, we gifted our opponents goals early on - two down after about 15 minutes. Dave Ryan saved a penalty and made a couple of other very good stops - without him it could have been 5 or 6. Woeful, woeful performance.

Limerick drop to sixth in the table - Cork overtake us. Table here.

Next game - Away versus Salthill, Saturday Oct 2nd.

Next home game - versus Wexford Youths, Thursday October 7th.

Salthill Devon 1 - 3 Limerick

(Kelly, O'Flynn 2)

Wasn't at this one, but seeing as Salthill are the worst team in the history of the universe and they took an early lead, we must have struggled for a while before eventually coming good.

As Cork lost, we go back above them into 5th. Table here http://www.limerickfc.ie/Home/home.html

Next home game - versus Wexford Youths, Thursday October 7th.

• Advertisement

3 goals disallowed and 3 scored, not bad. 40 people at the game :eek: 32 from Limerick. :eek:

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    3 goals disallowed and 3 scored, not bad. 40 people at the game :eek: 32 from Limerick. :eek:

Christ we get more people down to watch our junior games. Good to see 32 still travelled up from Limerick. What are the chances of Shels slipping up now and letting us back in. Slim and none i'd say. Would be interesting to have the gap down to 1 or 2 points before we play them in Jackman and make a big game of it.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Christ we get more people down to watch our junior games. Good to see 32 still travelled up from Limerick. What are the chances of Shels slipping up now and letting us back in. Slim and none i'd say. Would be interesting to have the gap down to 1 or 2 points before we play them in Jackman and make a big game of it.
    Shels are away to Derry on Saturday, so here's hoping they lose. Don't forget they play Waterford on the last day, maybe with both needing a win for the playoffs. They might cancel each other out, and a draw in that one might help Limerick sneak past.

Limerick 1 - 0 Wexford

(O'Flynn 90)

We pressed all night, and though the best chances probably fell to former (and hopefully future) Limerick striker Gary Sheahan, we finally got the breakthrough in the 90th minute when Stevo tapped home a loose ball following a dropped cross.

Still in 5th, but still in with a slim chance of a playoff. Table here

Next Game - away to Monaghan, Friday October 15th.
    Next home game - versus Shelbourne, Friday, October 22nd - last home game of the season (playoffs excepted)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

osarusan wrote: »
    Still in 5th, but still in with a slim chance of a playoff. Table here

Predicted Final Table
    1 Monaghan United
    2 Derry City
    3 Shelbourne
    4 Waterford United
    5 Limerick FC
    6 Cork City FORAS
    7 Wexford Youths
    8 Longford Town
    9 Finn Harps
    10 Athlone Town
    11 Mervue United
    12 Salthill Devon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

anyone know where I can get a long sleeve home shirt, seems to be the older ones online..

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭sleepyman

Last time I was home the club shop seemed to have disappeared from the street near the station.Is it gone?If so, snyone know where I could pick up a Limerick FC hoodie?

sleepyman wrote: »
    Last time I was home the club shop seemed to have disappeared from the street near the station.Is it gone?If so, snyone know where I could pick up a Limerick FC hoodie?

Shop has been gone since the end of last season. You could pop in to a home game next Friday against Shelbourne and pick up the clothes then (not sure if long-sleeved shirts are available).

Monaghan 0 - 0 Limerick

We played really well away to a team looking to win the league, particularly in the second half. We created two golden chances to get all three points, but somehow missed basically open goals both times.

Waterford and Shelbourne both won, so our chances of a playoff spot are nothing more than mathematical and would require a miraculous set of results. Table here.

Next Game - Home versus Shelbourne, Friday Oct 22nd (last home game of the season)

(not sure if long-sleeved shirts are available).

Thats the only ones you can get, poor seletion of gear from Umbro this year not helped by the badly run online club shop (no new jerseys listed, just the old ones)

• Advertisement

Alright folks, tonight at 7.45 is the last home game of the season, and it's against Shelbourne who are still in the running for promotion. Ever since we scored a 93rd minute equaliser in Tolka Park in the last game of the season a few years ago which denied them promotion, there has always been a bit of needle between the fans. Limerick will be hoping to put an end to their promotion chances this season with a win tonight.

Hope a few Limerick folk can make it and the pints in The Still House which will follow.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Alright folks, tonight at 7.45 is the last home game of the season.

I'm curious as to who decides the dates and KO times for Limerick home games, because if I was organising it I wouldn't KO at the same time as a Munster match in Thomond Park which is expected to draw a crowd of between 15 and 20,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭sleepyman

I'm curious as to who decides the dates and KO times for Limerick home games, because if I was organising it I wouldn't KO at the same time as a Munster match in Thomond Park which is expected to draw a crowd of between 15 and 20,000.

Makes no sense at all.The likes of Sale & Newcastle schedule their rugby games for a Friday night or Sunday afternoon generally so as not to clash with Newcastle or Man Utd or City.
    Limerick FC should have tried to have the game on Saturday afternoon (so as not to clash with the compromise rules).

Limerick 0 - 1 Shelbourne

Conceded an early penalty and even though we created some decent chances after that, we never found an equaliser.

Next Game - Away versus Athlone Town, Saturday October 30th (last game of the season)

Athlone 1 - 5 Limerick

(Clarke 2, Sullivan, Coughlan, McGann)

Great way to end the season, with Limerick putting real effort into what was pretty much a dead rubber.

Derry promoted as champions, while Waterford are home to Monaghan in the playoff. Limerick fifth, behind Shels. Final table here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭DBIreland

I really enjoyed reading this thread all season, I can't make it to any of the games but always keep an eye out for the match reports on here.

I hope this thread continues through the next few months with updates on any transfers etc and into the new season.

Thanks to everyone who updates this regularly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

DBIreland wrote: »
    I really enjoyed reading this thread all season, I can't make it to any of the games but always keep an eye out for the match reports on here.

I hope this thread continues through the next few months with updates on any transfers etc and into the new season.

Thanks to everyone who updates this regularly.

Same here , thanks to all that contributed specifically Osarusan .

Just another thing i'd like to point out about last nights game. I see that Limerick started with 3 17year olds and Stephen McCann who came on and scored was only 15. Another player that came on in the second half Fatima Dunisha was also only 17. Even though it was an end of season nothing match, to go to another LOI team and win 5-1 is a good result and to have that many young players is great for Limerick FC.

Also word is Limerick where the only bid in for the Markets Field and the Chairman of Bord na gCon Dick O Sullivan has told Limerick FC chairman Pat O Sullivan he will do everything possible to assist the club :D

sleepyman wrote: »
    Limerick FC should have tried to have the game on Saturday afternoon (so as not to clash with the compromise rules).

Limerick have moved ko times in the past to little success. Dont see why Limerick should change their regular ko time that most people are happy with. The soccer crowd dont care if the bandwagon are playing out the road on the same night, makes no difference. Rugby crowd would only come to our games anyway if we were winning leagues and it were the trendy place to be seen.

The Limerick hardcore are a strange breed, loyalty is not a foreign word to them. Lot of them are into rugby and the GAA but will put their club before anything else.

• Advertisement

Limerick FC Supporters club. fifa 11 tournament in Phil Flannerys bar on Monday November 22nd at 7.30pm. €5 entry fee.

All welcome

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement