Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Thanks osarusan for all your updates and best of luck in Tokyo.

Current 1st Division table.

wjwfhh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Shelbourne 1-1 Limerick
    (Hughes 86) (Quinn 92)

All Limerick 1st half, all Shels 2nd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    Shelbourne 1-1 Limerick
    (Hughes 86) (Quinn 92)

All Limerick 1st half, all Shels 2nd.

That about sums it up. We look a bit more solid now and after playing both Cork and Shels we can see we have nothing to fear from them. We didn't deserve to lose in Cork (both teams where poor, Cork fans agreed) and if we had come away with nothing last night it would have been an injustice(once again the Shels fans agreed with this).

If Limerick have any aspirations this season we need to take maximum points from our next 3 games (Wexford Youths, Mervue Utd, Athlone Town).

Next Home game is Wexford Youths next Friday night.

Limerick 0-1 Wexford

Worst Limerick performance I can remember in all the years iv been going. Pat Scully needs a slap of a wet kipper before the next game to cop him. Everything starting with his team selection was wrong. Having said that we had chances but blazed them over.

Mervue 0-2 Limerick

Good result up there. Cork failed to get a result there and Shels struggled. Limerick looked fairly comfortable tonight. Hynes and O'Flynn look like a dangerous partnership up front and will have to be used more together.

Huge difference from last week but I would still be worried about Athlone coming down in two weeks and sticking 11 behind the ball like Wexford did.

Next Home Games:

Monday 25th of April EA Sports Cup:
    Limerick FC vs Waterford Utd, 2:30 Kick Off.

Friday 29th of April League Game:
    Limerick FC vs Athlone Town, 7:45pm Kick Off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

great to hear Limerick FC being talked about. nice team this year,very good manager. maybe some of the johnny-come-lately rugby bandwagon will come on board now or are the waiting for guaranteed success.

washman3 wrote: »
    maybe some of the johnny-come-lately rugby bandwagon will come on board now or are the waiting for guaranteed success.

Not til we're going for the prem league title id say, bit like last time Limerick we're in the Markets Field in fact! :pac: only then they didnt have Sky Super Sunday barstool types and kids raised on Pro Evo.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Reaganomical

If Limerick get promoted, they'll be on the next fifa game, haha.

Two home games next week...hopefully good crowd to both.

If Limerick get promoted, they'll be on the next fifa game, haha.

Two home games next week...hopefully good crowd to both.

You mean you havent taken Limerick to the brink of Euro glory on any of the managment games? :eek: Been knocking around those for years!

Cant see much of a crowd for the league cup game on the BH Monday.

Cant see much of a crowd for the league cup game on the BH Monday.

The weather is to be nice Saturday and Sunday so I would think most will be away for the weekend and not back for the early kickoff. Hopefully I'm worng but if we get 250 it will be a good crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Reaganomical

I remember taking Limerick to champions league final in Championship Manager 01/02...the stadium also increased to 40,000 all seater during my reign.

As for home attendances, so long as it's better than the fare on offer against Wexford Youths. That was painful.

Limerick 1 - 0 Waterford United

Garbhan Coughlan (66)

Good chance of drawing a 'big' team next round, let the cup fever begin! :)

Limerick 3-0 Athlone

Judge, McCarthy, S.Tracey

Good solid performance and a good result against a team that other teams have struggled to break down.

Next two league games are Monaghan (A) and Waterford (H)

Would probably take 4 points at the moment but no reason we can't take all 6 from these games. Monaghan lost 3-1 tonight to Mervue and had two players sent off. Waterford although winning tonight aren't as good as I thought they would be this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mastershake

Good results from the lads tonight. Can see a 4 horse race for the title with longford, cork and shels being the other contenders.

On another note does anyone know what the plans are for the markets field. I know its early days but there has been stuff mentioned before regarding a possible design from Gilroy McMahon architects (designers of croke park).For anyone in the know has this been shelved or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

On another note does anyone know what the plans are for the markets field. I know its early days but there has been stuff mentioned before regarding a possible design from Gilroy McMahon architects (designers of croke park).For anyone in the know has this been shelved or what?[/QUOTE]

hold off for now, Thomond Park may be available now that the bubble is half burst, and we would have a ready-made bandwagon of support, sunglasses and all, (as long as we are winning).!!!:rolleyes:

washman3 wrote: »

hold off for now, Thomond Park may be available now that the bubble is half burst, and we would have a ready-made bandwagon of support, sunglasses and all, (as long as we are winning).!!!:rolleyes:

Funny thing is Munster may be looking to use the MF for a few of their smaller games IF the the planned capacity is increased (which I hear it has)

Good idea all round if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Funny thing is Munster may be looking to use the MF for a few of their smaller games IF the the planned capacity is increased (which I hear it has)

Good idea all round if you ask me.

They'll probably look to use it for Munster A games and the like. Proper order too, both Munster and Limerick FC should make as best use of all the facilities in Limerick, whether it's Thomond or the Market's field.

EA Sports Cup Quarter-Final draw was made tonight. Games to be played on the week of 27th June so either that Monday or Tuesday night.

Shelbourne vs Sligo
    Limerick vs Monaghan
    Cork vs St.Pats
    UCD vs Derry.

Not much to be gained money wise in this cup but would be great to win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Is a European spot awarded for winning this cup ?

Is a European spot awarded for winning this cup ?

No sadly not. A Setanta Cup place used to be awarded but not sure if it still is.

• Advertisement

Monaghan 1-1 Limerick
    (Paudie Quinn)

Before the game this would have been a good result but to have been leading right up to the 93rd minute and conceed is a sickner. Didn't make the trip up myself but from the updates it seems it was a game Limerick threw away against a promotion rival. It would have closed the gap at the top of the league to 2 points but once again we fail to put a team away.

Next week is a big game at home to Waterford Utd, 7:45 Jackman Park.

F.A.I Cup:

Sacred Heart vs Limerick FC

Cracking Draw :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cathal O Grada

It would be nice to do well in some cup this year.In the Munster Senior Cup Final, Monaghen in the EA Sports Cup quarters and a good last 32 FAI Cup draw.C'mon the Super Blues :rolleyes:

Limerick FC 1-0 Waterford
    (Purcell)

Big win, fine performance and got stuck in when needed. As it stands we have the best defence in the league and are only 2 pts off the auto promotion spot.

Happy days......for now. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

Has anyone heard anything about a friendly match this summer? Any chance of asking barca again :D ?

jmch81 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything about a friendly match this summer? Any chance of asking barca again :D ?

Rumours where going around about Inter for a while but don't think that was ever going to happen. No word of anything other than that.

On other news of games though, 4 in the next 11 days:

Friday 20th: Limerick vs Finn Harps 7:45pm

Monday 23rd: Munster Senior Cup Final Carrick Utd vs Limerick 7:00

Thursday 26th: Salthill vs Limerick 7:45

Monday 30th: Limerick vs Cork City 7:45

Limerick 1-0 Finn Harps.

Good win against a sticky side. If we beat Salthill next Thursday it sets up Cork very nicely.

Munster Senior Cup Final:

Carrick 1-0 Limerick

Mainly A players and first team subs playing in this with only 3 first team starters.

Its a loss and silverware would have been nice but coming through injury free was the main thing.

Next Home Match:

Monday 30th May Limerick FC vs Cork City 7:45pm Jackman Park.

If Limerick win this Thursday against Salthill then the match vs Cork is going to be a big one. A win puts us right in there with the top 2. A loss while not terrible will hit the confidence hard. We currently have the best defense in the league but need to start scoring more.

Sean O Connor (Pen)

Another 1-0 win. Always going to be tough up there with a strong breeze up in the hills and Salthill keeping everyone behind the ball for most of the game.

Next up Cork at home.

We have the best defense in the league and they have the best attack so its all setup for a draw. With it being a Monday night it could affect the travelling support but I would think we could be looking at and attendance of 900 to 1,000 mark hopefully (weather pending).

LOI First Division:

....................Pld........Pts.....
    1.Cork............12.........26.....
    2.Shelbourne...11.........26.....
    3.Monaghan.....11.........24.....
    4.Limerick.......12.........24.....
    5.Longford.......12.........22.....
    6.Waterford.....12.........16.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,672 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I believe that Shels have a game in hand also though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement