Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭Jofspring

osarusan wrote: »
    I believe that Shels have a game in hand also though.

Ya your right, tonight was their free night. Edited the table there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Myself and Insect Overlord should be heading to the game on monday if anyone else is interested?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I'll be working at it, So I'll see ye there! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

C'mon City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

Ill be there supporting Limerick FC this evening. My kids play with Limerick FC academy, they love it there, and I think the kids from the academy will be walking out onto the pitch with the players this eveing, my kids are looking forward to that! Hopefully Limerick will win this evening, if Munster can beat Leinster at home in rugby, we should be able to beat Cork at home!

• Advertisement

banjobongo wrote: »
    Ill be there supporting Limerick FC this evening. My kids play with Limerick FC academy, they love it there, and I think the kids from the academy will be walking out onto the pitch with the players this eveing, my kids are looking forward to that! Hopefully Limerick will win this evening, if Munster can beat Leinster at home in rugby, we should be able to beat Cork at home!

Ya the kids went out onto the pitch the last time and got their photo with the team. Have your camera ready :D

Great to hear some good things about our Academy :)

Limerick 0-0 Cork

We weren't brilliant in the first half but came into it well in the second. O'Leary looked very good in the second half. Would have been great to get the 3 but we'll take the point. The only down side is it looks like we have lost O Callaghan at centre back for the rest of the season.

FAI Cup this Sunday away to Sacred Heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

jaysus that was end to end , could have been 4-4 or 5-5 or even 5-6

Jofspring wrote: »
    Limerick 0-0 Cork

We weren't brilliant in the first half but came into it well in the second. O'Leary looked very good in the second half. Would have been great to get the 3 but we'll take the point. The only down side is it looks like we have lost O Callaghan at centre back for the rest of the season.

From what I saw on the pitch, it was quite a nasty wound :(

• Advertisement

From what I saw on the pitch, it was quite a nasty wound :(

Ruptured tendons. Sadly his season is over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

Limerick 0-0 Cork

I'd say Hosanna in the Hiace and Our Lord Jesus Christ up in heaven will definitely smite every last person associated with Limerick FC for having the audacity to challenge his homeboys in Sacred Heart FC. What a class name for a football team! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

SC looking to run a bus at 11.30am Sunday morning at a reduced rate. Going from the bus stop at Arthurs Quay park.

Members E10 (E10 to join)
    Non Members E15
    Kids E7

Anyone interested pm me on here.

The club itself has taken the unusual step of running a bus themselves aswell but its accepted that this would be for familys and kids in the acadamy.

SH 2-4 Limerick (in the cup game)

However! (in the league)

Longford 1 - 2 Limerick (Breen & Brosnan)

We have a serious promotion challange on our hands at this stage! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Good win tonight, lets all get behind this fine bunch of players now,not just for promotion,but a top of table finish. well done lads.!!

Ya excellent win tonight. A lot of players out injured at the moment so was great to win and open up a six point gap without playing outstandingly well.

Next week is going to be seriously tough, Shels in Jackman Park.

Injured: Stephen O'Flynn, Shane Tracey, Gary Sheehan, Yellow Lyons?

Suspended: Pat Purcell.

Thats 4 players that would be key for us out for a top of the table clash. Losing to Shels will not be the end of the world though, they can walk the league for all we care once they take points off the other teams. The main thing is top 3, 1st or 2nd obviously preferably.

well done the superblues. I shall be there on Friday to support the team, should be an intersting match!

well done the superblues. I shall be there on Friday to support the team, should be an intersting match!

Hopefully the weather is good for it too. Would take a draw at the moment. Keep tipping away is the main aim at the moment.

FAI Cup Draw was made Live on MNS tonight.

Bray Wanderers vs Limerick FC August 23rd.

Limerick 0-3 Shels

The injuries and changes we needed to make where too much against a good team. Sean O Connor left the whole team down as usual.

Need a few new signings asap or at least the injuries to clear up.

• Advertisement

yes it was dissapointing, for a while in the first half it looked like it might have been a draw, but it was not to be.....so what does that do to our chances of promotion now?

Still well in it, our first loss in a long time. Plenty of players to come back into the team. Winning the league probably out of reach though. Mons and Cork drew 1-1 also.

Frost is going to be a huge loss. Sent of for as second yellow after an arguement with Alan Mathews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Winning the league probably out of reach though. Mons and Cork drew 1-1 also

Ya, looking at the table if Shelbourne win their game in hand they have a 10 point gap over Limerick. I noticed the 2nd and 3rd goals were scored in the last ten minutes. Was that down to 10 men or tiredness or both?

Is it the first two go up automatically and 3rd place goes in to a playoff with 3rd bottom in the premier?

rmsq5t.png

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AlanOB

Not quite. 3rd in the First Division plays off against bottom of the Premier, as far as I know. The Premier is being expanded to 12 teams. Of course the rules are likely to change between now and the end of the season knowing the powers that be.

Thought certain sections of the crowd were bang out of order last night. Booing the team off at half time was way over the top, considering we were missing 5 starting players, including our two best centre-backs and centre-forwards. Against the side that will more than likely run away with the league. I can understand and I share the frustration with the set-up but it was a bit much considering what's gone before.

Missing Purcell and Calla was the reason that Scully went with 3 centre backs, and I'm sure he quickly realised his error when it became clear that Shels were only playing one up (Hughes). Thus, we had two spare centre backs and inevitably a numerical disadvantage higher up the field. On its own this would have been enough of an error, but the combination of this, playing one up front, and no wingers meant that we had absolutely no options coming forward. Breen did well second half with a partner but he ain't a target man.

Scully realised his mistake and went back to the successful 4-1-2-1-2, bringing on Hynes to partner Breen and sacrificing a centre back, and we started to get a better foothold in the game. But the sending off killed it, and once Hughes exploited our higher line to win the penalty, it was over.

Wexford next I think. Good opportunity to bounce back.

With the way Galway are going in the premier you'd have to fancy any one of Limerick, Shels, Mons, Longford or Cork to beat them if it came to it.

With new signings on the way we need to pick up maximum points against Wexford, Mervue and Athlone and we are right back on track.

Limerick FC Press Conference

Thursday 23 June 5:30pm at Thomond Park

Monday 20th June 2011

Limerick FC will hold an important press conference at 5:30pm on Thursday 23 June at Thomond Park.

The press conference will see the unveiling new signings for Limerick FC in addition to an important presentation on the direction the Club is taking, including the work it carries out within the community, plans for the redevelopment of the Markets Field and much more.

All interested parties are welcome to attend.

excellent!

Wexford 2-3 Limerick

Good win tonight in what I have heard where very tough conditions to play in weather wise. Cork also beaten 2-3 by Waterford Utd which leaves ourselves Mons and Cork all level on 31pts in second. Mons have two games in hand though, one being played tomorrow.

Bad news is that O'Leary was stretchered off. Hopefully nothing serious. That makes an already big injury list bigger.

• Advertisement

Match played in a storm, 2 up at HT and looking good for a handy 4/5-0 win, Wexford got back to 2-2 due to a huge mistake by Barry Ryan in goals and a header from a free, 2 mins later one of their defenders lashed a clearance off his own player and into the net....3-2 us :)

Stonewall peno not given for us at 2-1 however we got out of jail with this one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement