Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭Jofspring

AlanOB wrote: »
    Both confirmed?

If so, fantastic news on both fronts. Big fan of Gaffney. Very intelligent movement for a Division One player. Plays upfront but likes to drift left into an inside forward position to give the centre back something to think about.

O'Connor has been a complete disgrace. Yet I'm hearing that he's on his way back to the Prem!? Any more info on that?

Ya both confirmed on the Limerick FC website.

O Connor is supposed to be on his way to St.Pats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭Our Brian

God help St. Pats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Dezze

has anyone set up a premier league fantasy football league for limerick city only an if so could i get the code

Most years there is a Limerick FC Supporters one that is 10euro each and the winner takes the pot.

We could probably just set up a Limerick boards.ie one though with no actual prize if people where interested. It only takes two minutes.

i wouldn mind jus doing one for the craic, i have one set up code is 673242-177659 for who evers intrested. :) if u you could get the code out there jofspring, im a bit of a newb on this so not 2 sure wot to do.

• Advertisement

Is that for this one Dezze?

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

o ya that the one alrite, sorry suda said.

Joined that there. Threw a team together but will have to perfect it closer to the first match.

Will put it up on foot.ie and see if people are interested in joining up.

nice one, sound lad :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

just joined there.

We should set up a dedicated thread for Limerick fantasy football :)

P.S WOOOO 2000th post!

• Advertisement

Just to let people know due to someone offering sponsorship the bus to Cork on Monday the 8th of August for the League Cup Semi-Final will now be €10 for all. Please text Kevin on 0852297539 if interested.

Only genuine people that are interested lads as they need to be sure of numbers. People say they will go and then pull out or just don't show up on the day and it ends up costing the supporters club.

It's a good option for anyone that doesn't have a lift and is also a very handy trip. Should be close to 2,000 at this in Turners Cross and add into that Gamble and Behan going back to play against Cork it should make it very interesting. 1 game away from a final also.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Most of the usual heads unwilling to travel with them anymore unfortunetly.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AlanOB

Unwilling to travel with the SC?

Care to go into detail?....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

AlanOB wrote: »
    Unwilling to travel with the SC?

Care to go into detail?....

I've a good idea why people aren't travailing on the SC buses any more...

Most members of the SC are grand but there is a handful, who for lack of a better word are scum...people who made some racist chants at a Waterford away game last year or else the year before that.

But I've been told there is a second non-SC bus heading down Friday to Waterford, not sure about Cork on Tuesday tho

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AlanOB

I thought that might be the story alright.

Fair to say that the average IQ of a certain section of the crowd is a little low alright. Fair amount of ignorant comments to be heard at times.

I also often wonder how much of the match the people in question actually take in as they seem to spend most of the 90 minutes acting the tit.

I'll be at the game tonight in Waterford, and as usual I'll be tweeting

@busyliving_

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

Currently Limerick 2 - Waterford 0

1-2 and Waterford with all the pressure......doing it the hard way as usual. Cork currently beating Shels 3-1 and Mons winning so anything less than 3 points is a disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

All over in Waterford and Limerick come away with a 2-1 win. Thanks to busyliving_ for his tweets.

phog wrote: »
    All over in Waterford and Limerick come away with a 2-1 win. Thanks to busyliving_ for his tweets.

Long time since we won down there. Missing Gamble, Judge, O'Leary, Frost and O'Flynn too which makes the result even better.

Cup Semi-Final Monday Night vs Cork. Would be great to get a big travelling support behind the team. Cork had over 3,000 tonight and could be looking at similar Monday so should make for a good atmosphere.

• Advertisement

busyliving wrote: »
    I'll be at the game tonight in Waterford, and as usual I'll be tweeting

@busyliving_

Looks like I've picked up a few more followers from here:D

Should be at Cork on Monday and hopefully will be at the Harps game Saturday so I'll be tweeting from both those games depending that everything with my phone is going well ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Did i ntoice that you are away to the sheliban , the rod squad and champions elect cork city in this round of games ????

Could be another year in the graveyard.

Did i ntoice that you are away to the sheliban , the rod squad and champions elect cork city in this round of games ????

Could be another year in the graveyard.

Yup away to all but we do better against them away than at home. All are very beatable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,672 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Cork beat Limerick 3-1 after extratime in the League Cup semi-final. Limerick took the lead through Peter Hynes, but Cork got a penalty before half-time. Another penalty in extratime and then a late late goal on the counter finished us off.

I actually don't care at all - we're still in with a shout of promotion, so this is one less game to have to play. A final would have been nice, but let's hope Cork lose a bit of league focus due to the final and we're able to move above them in the league.

We actually played very well last night but gave away two very sloppy penalties. Gaffney and Kelly would have made a huge difference last night. We also tried to play football which was great to see. Had the ball cleared of the line the last minute of normal time and also Quinn pulled out of a header that had he just stuck his head on would most likely have won us the game in extratime.

Hopefully now we continue in this vein of form and get promoted.

I'll be at the game tonight in Ballybofey, and as usual I'll be tweeting

@busyliving_

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Limerick 2 - 1 Finn Harps

Thanks for keeping us up to date busyliving

Mc Love wrote: »
    Limerick 2 - 1 Finn Harps

Thanks for keeping us up to date busyliving

Not a worry mate, some of my tweets didn't go through and I replied to tweets that were a week old, mixture of stupid app and bad coverage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,672 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Not the best way to wake up - finding that Limerick have only drawn at home to Salthill. We scored after 1 minute, they leveled after 81. Truly disastrous result for a team chasing promotion. Salthill are bottom of the league, and have lost 10 of their last 11, including being knocked out of the cup by a non-league team.

I would imagine Scully is close to being sacked at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭Our Brian

Lets hope so. He should have been sacked months ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement