Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7

Options
  • 21-02-2010 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

anybody know where i can get a windows 7 premium upgrade cheap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 timmyG

software4students.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭granturismo

timmyG wrote: »
    software4students.ie

I'm open to correction on this;

software4students dont have the home premium upgrade. If you currently have vista home premium and just want 7 premium you'll only need to uninstall a handful of incompatible programs, if any. amazon was the cheapest option I could find for this (free delivery doesnt apply to Ireland). I just uninstalled 4 programs, and the upgrade took about 2 hours and kept all remaining programs, settings, drivers etc

If you have XP or want to upgrade Vista premium to Ultimate or Professional and are your happy to do a complete reinstall of all programs - go with software4students.

Does anyone know of a cheaper option for Win 7 home premium upgrade than Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I'm open to correction on this;

software4students dont have the home premium upgrade. If you currently have vista home premium and just want 7 premium you'll only need to uninstall a handful of incompatible programs, if any. amazon was the cheapest option I could find for this (free delivery doesnt apply to Ireland). I just uninstalled 4 programs, and the upgrade took about 2 hours and kept all remaining programs, settings, drivers etc

If have XP or want to updrage Vista premium to Ultimate or Professional and are your happy to do a complete reinstall of all programs - go with software4students.

Does anyone know of a cheaper option for Win 7 home premium upgrade than Amazon?

but they have pro which is better

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I bought the OEM system builder version off Komplett, that's a full new version, for €94 delivered to Blanch and pick up there for free. Technically you're meant to have built the system (I did) but that's hard to enforce (stand to be corrected, every possibility it won't work on a branded system but I doubt it).

• Advertisement
Advertisement