Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilcloon

Options
  • 21-02-2010 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

I was thinking of buying a house in Kilcloon (near the church).
    I'm not from Meath, so i don't know a lot about the area.
    Any info?
    I see that there is a national school, a church and a creche nearby. Is there anything else, like a shop, GAA club or pub? Anything to watch out for in this area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

It hasn't been the same place since Keanes shut down.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 tusmaith

i am not from the area but have done work around there,
    kilcloon is a stones throw from maynooth. plenty of shops, schools, colleges :) there. good place to commute from, not far from train station etc.
    Good GAA club - Blackhall gaels won senior county football final a few years ago,
    nearest shop probably is tesco in maynooth (open to correction)
    i'd say the only thing to watch out for is the traffic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Pooola

I live in Kilcloon and it's a fantastic place, I would say there is a pretty bad traffic problem on the main road though, if you choose a property that is back from the raod it shouldn't be a problem though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 vanillacoke

bill clarkes, or bills is the only shop in kilcloon i think, then theres maynooth right beside it with tesco, dunnes stores etc. there is a football pitch ,one of blackhall gaels two pitches. theres a playschool a primary school and the nearest secondary school is maynooth which is very near

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Pooola

by the way, does anybody who lives in Kilcloon know what's going on with Moygaddy Smart Park, I heard they have planning permission for some office buildings and a housing development on the old Moygaddy Stud site, personally I think that's just about the worst thing that could happen in Kilcloon, there is already a traffic and litter problem, all we need now is some developers wrecking the place, I'd love to know is there some way to oppose something like that or am I just going to wake up one morning to find a load of builders raizing the place to the ground................ ):

P

• Advertisement
Advertisement