Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathcoole

Options
  • 21-02-2010 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has any info on Rathcoole as an area? Thinkin of moving there and would appreciate any details, like do they have a wired broadband service, shops etc.

FYI we are a married couple with one child.

Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

sok2005 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has any info on Rathcoole as an area? Thinkin of moving there and would appreciate any details, like do they have a wired broadband service, shops etc.

FYI we are a married couple with one child.

Cheers,

This is an easy one....as far as I know Rathcoole has a little shop, soccer pitches and a school and that's about it. It doesn't even have a pub...seriously :) As far as I know the only broadband option available is the wireless option from 3 or vodafone but the reception there is quite bad from what I have heard.

A guy I work with lives there and we called out to him once. The only good thing about the place is that the houses are cheap.

Nearest towns with proper services would be Macroom and Millstreet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

Thanks a mill for this info, its much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 grizzlybear

hi live just over the road in Banteer , great creche good active community new gym just opened in community centre normally as always in the country if you put in the effort you will get to know peoplr Kanturk is also quite close by for supermarket , pubs I know this is not directly related to Rathcoole but out here a couple if miles is not an issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Theres a good school there, 3 broadband, small shop with p.o, the houses in the new estate are nice with lots of area for kids to play. Their is 3 pubs fairly nearby as well 5 euro for taxi. The area is well served with taxi/hackneys as well. Millstreet is only 5 mins away as is the train station in banteer. kanturk is 10 mins. Thats all i can think of, if you want any more info tell me....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

Thanks for all the response on this!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 moving to citywest area

sok2005 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the response on this!

hi there (sorry I am new to this if i have posted in the wrong area ) - i am moving with a new job to the citywest area and have kids first one starting junior schoold this year, can anyone point me in the right direction please as to where would be best to move to : Santry ? Citywest itself and or Rathcoole ? i am confused and am hearing conflicting reports as to who has the best school / Broadband and facilities - any advice from someone who has moved in the last year would be really appreciated - thanks Amy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

If you are moving up to work in City west, Rathcoole would be the best place to settle.
    Broadband I am not sure but I do know UPC and digiweb are available.
    Shops Tesco, Spar a great butchers and some other small shops. There is a shopping center in City west.
    Pubs: Five I think maybe more and they are very friendly.
    Sports: a Very active Gaa community.
    Schools. I couldn't tell you I have no kids myself.

You could walk rathcoole to City west in 15-20mins.

Saggart, One pub (Not that welcoming), a spar and a small Dunnes.

Newcastle might be another option, however I really don't know it that well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

If you are moving up to work in City west, Rathcoole would be the best place to settle.
    Broadband I am not sure but I do know UPC and digiweb are available.
    Shops Tesco, Spar a great butchers and some other small shops. There is a shopping center in City west.
    Pubs: Five I think maybe more and they are very friendly.
    Sports: a Very active Gaa community.
    Schools. I couldn't tell you I have no kids myself.

You could walk rathcoole to City west in 15-20mins.

Saggart, One pub (Not that welcoming), a spar and a small Dunnes.

Newcastle might be another option, however I really don't know it that well.

This is the Cork county forum. Wrong Rathcoole.

Advertisement