Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving to the south campus

• 21-02-2010 4:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭

I've an interview on the south campus Thursday morning at 10.20 I'll be travelling from Athy. Traffic in Athy isn't great in the morning but I'm just wondering how long it will take, will their be traffic in Maynooth and what will the parking be like on campus. (I was on the north campus around lunch time before and parking looked bad but lucky for me I've a skinny car and went into the place there was, most other people couldn't) I've a sat nav(best christmas present I ever got my father:D) but which way would you recogmend to go?

As you can probably guess I'm nervous about this interview and don't want to be late but at the same time don't wan't be getting up at a stupid hour.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

Traffic in Maynooth is usually heavier than you would expect in such a small town, and parking in the South campus is a nightmare since SPCM closed off their carpark to the public. I would recommend you leave a good bit earlier than you would expect just to be safe. If you arrive really early, then what harm? Better than being late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Traffic in Maynooth is usually heavier than you would expect in such a small town, and parking in the South campus is a nightmare since SPCM closed off their carpark to the public. I would recommend you leave a good bit earlier than you would expect just to be safe. If you arrive really early, then what harm? Better than being late.

SPCM:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

moocat wrote: »
    SPCM:confused:

Sorry, Saint Patrick's College Maynooth. They are the seminary and Theological college that owns most of the South Campus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

This may seem early, but I've always noticed parking spaces around the 9 o'clock mark. gets insanely busy past that.

Get in early and grab some breakfast! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

also worth noting, (if it wasnt obvious) that north and south campus are right beside each other. so if you've fluffed it and arrive after the 9am DEADLOCK<thunderstrike and horses scream>, just park up town or on north campus.

I doubt you can find a place in the entire town or campus where south campus is more then a brisk walk away.

• Advertisement
Advertisement